Iceland car park in Andover PCN from Horizon, on 29th October

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have noticed that there are hundreds of parking threads, and a few stickies, but I have not seen a definitive one with instructions for us if we receive a parking charge notice.

I (apparently) received a PCN in Iceland car park in Andover from Horizon, on 29th October.

I received 2 days ago dated 2nd december a letter from Horizon to me as the registered keeper, suggesting that I pay £80. I went into the store today and spoke to the manager who was wetter than a wet weekend in skeggie, so now what do I have to do, to not pay this charge?

Many thanks

added sorry but forgot. the charge is for failing to pay for parking. at 0910 and the car park was almost empty.

Edited by The Carpet Cleaners
memory lasps

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

they are all PCN 's

or such pretty letters that make P.C.N.

they are NOT FINES like a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

but the bottom line is

they are

SPECULATIVE INVOICES.

appeal stating whatever you want and await the Popla number

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as everyones story has different players and circumstances

then the advice given will always vary slightly but there are defined steps to take for all of them.

So, to your tale,

who issued the demand and how did you receive it?

You indicated a ticke ton screen on the 20th Oct

so you hsould have got the NTK between the 27th Nov and 25th dec.

So far they appear to be in order on the timings

ut what about evidence of any breach and the ticket on the car?

What are they alleging?

tell us more and we will try and tailor the answers.

They are alleging that I didn't pay the £1.00 to park there.

This may be true, as on that day I had to go out and get change after parking, I got back paid for a ticket and put it in my car.

I never saw a PCN notice on the car.

1st I knew about it was the letter to the registered keeper telling me to pay £80.

I have not got the purchased ticket as I throw them away each time a park to display the current ticket.

So obviously I am not going to pay the £80 demanded, but what do I do now to start the correct process?

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

It would be good to see the NTK you got in the post(redacted of personal info), and picture of signage.

Horizon signage I have seen mentions breaching terms and conditions, so easy win at POPLA.

If a ticket is placed on the windscreen( NTD ), then the PPC has to give 28 days for the driver to respond.

If no contact is made then they can apply to DVLA for RK details. The RK must receive the NTK beween 28-56 days of the date of event. If no responce is made then the keeper can be held liable for the charge. Your NTK seems to be in time .

You will appeal this NTK to horizon, they will no doubt reject it, but must allow you access to POPLA.

At POPLA the charge will get cancelled...

abbreviations - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?168275-Posting-in-this-Forum-please-read

This is the begging letter that I received as the registered keeper....

So how do I get these muppets off my back please?

Appeal anyway you want. Tell them a squirrel was sat on the roof and you didn't move the car cos you were afraid of hurting it. And demand a popla code. Basically say what you want. They'll usually ignore it. They don't make money if they allow it.

Then when you get the code, check that its legit then appeal to popla using the gpeol defence. Guaranteed win.

See the signage where it states what infractions will result in a charge? All of them have no legal standing.

Regarding the actual pcn. Was it a windscreen ticket or a letter through the door.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This is the begging letter that I received as the registered keeper....

So how do I get these muppets off my back please?

You have left the charge notice number in the PDF. This identifies you to horizon...

You are nearly out of time ( by their rules ) to appeal. Get appeal sent, with proof of postage , asap.

' As registered keeper of vehicle xxx xxx , I have received your parking charge notice xxxx xxxx.

As registered keeper I am not liable for this charge.

Please cancel this charge forthwith or alternatively issue a valid code for the independent appeals service POPLA.

As you state that the charge was for an alleged breach of terms, then it must represent a genuine pre estimate of loss. It does not.

I am under no obligation to name the driver at the time of the event.

This appeal has been sent with proof of postage. '

Send that in sharpish...

Thank you for your help... email sent word for word Armadillo. Hard copy also sent with proof of posting.

Let's wait and see what happens.

I don't care if Horizon can identify me from the number on here. They know I am appealing now anyhow, and why would I not come on here for help?

I don't care if they can identify me....

I like that, shows an agressive stance and they know you will go the distance. I go a step further and always phone them but that's not advised on any forum, that's just my approach. Stick it to them and have a great Xmas

Thank you for your help... email sent word for word Armadillo. Hard copy also sent with proof of posting.

Let's wait and see what happens.

I don't care if Horizon can identify me from the number on here. They know I am appealing now anyhow, and why would I not come on here for help?

Fair play...

I have been trying unsuccessfully for a while, to use Horizons services;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?404109-Horizon.

• 1 month later...

Well ..... it has now been 40 days since the acknowledgement of my appeal by email...

they said: that they aim to respond to the appeal within 14 days, but no more than 35.... I have not heard anything, does this mean that by default they can no longer attempt to extort the money out of me? or do I have to write and tell them once again to bog off??

Well ..... it has now been 40 days since the acknowledgement of my appeal by email...

they said: that they aim to respond to the appeal within 14 days, but no more than 35.... I have not heard anything, does this mean that by default they can no longer attempt to extort the money out of me? or do I have to write and tell them once again to bog off??

As said above, I have not had the displeasure of Horizon yet, but I'll bet one of two things will happen if you do no more.

1- you will get a letter for unpaid debt from horizon or pet debt collector. This is because you ignored thier appeal rejection letter. ( that got lost in the post... )

2- you will receive the rejection letter shortly with two(ish) days left for the POPLA code.

Both options will result in letter tennis, so I would suggest writing something along the lines of;

'As I have received no communication from yourselves in the time frame specified by yourselves, then I consider this matter closed.

Please can you confirm this in writing within fourteen days.

This has been sent with proof of postage. '

Obviously reference the relevant details on the letter.

Or just ignore....

• 3 weeks later...

It is now another 18 days since the last posting, so a total of 58 days since the appeal. I took the advice to ignore the lack of response to my appeal, and as such..... still not response, maybe they have decided to not bother trying to chase this, as more susceptible people pay quickly... I suspect that I have heard the last of this....... :-)