Capital2coast PPC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3324 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having used this forum in the old days of ignore, I am trying to assist a friend with the new PFoA rules

The reg keeper has just received a final demand, they categorically state that this is the first letter they have received. it's dated 26/11/2014 and franked 02/12

sanitized copy attached, any advice would be welcome on the next steps to take

Did they get a ticket slapped on their windscreenat the time?

If not then a response saying this tis the first that they have heard about this and put it to strict proof that the requirments of the PoFA have been met. This means that they must show evidence of the screen ticket and it being attached to the vehicle, evidence of the notice to keeper and evidence that the previous correspondence meets the requirements of identifying the site, payment and appeals methods, membership an an approved trade association etc.

It certainly isnt evident on that piece of paper so it make one wonder how they got the keeper details in the first place. A complaint to the DVLA and others may be in order at a leter point.

Sorry, English is not the keepers first language. Have established that a ticket was left on the car, thankfully these were kept when handed to him by the driver.

It would appear they were kept, because it said they would contact the keeper. He stills sates that he never heard from them until this letter dated 26/11.

Next advice

Thanks

Having used this forum in the old days of ignore, I am trying to assist a friend with the new PFoA rules

The reg keeper has just received a final demand, they categorically state that this is the first letter they have received. it's dated 26/11/2014 and franked 02/12

sanitized copy attached, any advice would be welcome on the next steps to take

Capital2coast joined the IPC on 13/08/14. Four days before your friends car allegedly received a NTD.

I suspect none of their tickets or paperwork were up to date, and they are are now trawling through what they have unpaid.

As above, demand strict proof of all correspondence and windscreen ticket.

The NTD will have BPA on it I suspect...

The ticket shows IPC membership so that would be correct. Now tell us about where the vehicle was parked, was it a train station car park by any chance? If so name the place as there is a liklihood the land is covered by railway byelaws and so the ticket cannot be valid.

Ericsbrother:

The car was parked outside a block off flats. I have looked at the venue and there are no signs as you enter the car park. The only signs are either end of the building by the entrance to the building. The confusing bit is, you can park in the middle of this block and not see the signs, leave the car and go to another block opposite which is across the car park and go in that building which does not have any signs on. Apparently there are no restrictions to that side of the car park.

Hope this is not to confusing

The identification of the land that is covered by any contract and signage would be nigh on impossible so you would sail through an appeal to POPLA. The IPC is a different matter as they have decided to limit any appeal to grounds they have deemed acceptable and not concern themselves with the law or its requirements for standards of proof etc.

To be honest, a letter back to the parking co flatly denying any parking transgression whatsoever and a request for "strict proof" of any evidence they have that a contract was entered into and then breached. Dont explain yourself or the situation as you have here, keep it short and make them do the work. An appeal to the IAS is pointless but getting aleetwer off will do a not to show that you have tried to head off any claim that may be made.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update.

While I was away over Christmas the keeper did not get a response from C2C about contract etc., but a demand for payment of £160.00 to Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. If not paid then going to recommend to Creditor's solicitors that court action to be taken.

Ignore it. If they were stupid enough to go anywhere near a court, we can supply a defence that would sink them instantly. They know it. Theyre just pushing their luck.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did the keeper get proof of postage with the letter she sent?

I would suggest no more action apart from ignoring DR+ and Zenith. They can only write begging letters and have no power to do anything else...

The only thing not to ignore is an LBA from C2C... which won't happen anyway.

Looking back at the remainder letter received, they give the date of the NTD, but not the NTK when they mention it...

Wonder why...

Thanks for the input.

Yes, printed receipt from PO

Just to update on a few oddities. The letter from DRP Ltd is dated 15/12/14 but franked 06/11/14 and has the same franking ID as the letter from C2C(PPC)

Happy New Year to All.

Thanks for the input.

Yes, receipt from PO

Just a few oddities noted, the letter from DRPltd dated 15/12/14 but envelope franked 06/11/14 which has the same Franking ID as the letter from C2C(ppc), the mind boggles

Happy New Year to one and all.

sorry double posting

DR+ dont do anything right, they cant.

Another letter from DRP+

Notice of intended court action - unpaid parking charge £160.00 (all in bold)

Can't believe it, it then goes on; To prevent this case being sent back to the creditor's solicitors to commence court proceedings, you must pay £160.00, then the usual spiel about CCJ's we will

Claim our fees etc. Of course there was a section on goto their web page to a selection of Court Judgements blah blah.

Do they do a third letter but in red

Ignore it. And have a good long laugh at the muppet show. Infact, you can report it to the FCA as well, as no actual debt exists.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

yes they do a red letter in big letters, I once got a fourth letter from them but that was after I sent them a a LBA for harassment. I could give you a list of court judgements but it would be as meaningless as none of the cases they quote are they the principal. They have a habit of confusing themselves with other people and claiming the credit. Ignore them a bit more and they will go away. They might say they will obtain a Norwich Pahrmacal Order to force you into naming the driver but again, they cant.

They might say they will obtain a Norwich Pahrmacal Order to force you into naming the driver but again, they cant.

Ah well, something from Norwich pharmaceutical will help with my head cold then :)

The R/K

Did not receive a pharmaceutical letter, but a 20% reduction to show that the creditor is complying with all aspect of 'pre-action protocol' to demonstrate attempts to settle before the need for court proceedings.

this is our clients final offer before passing to their solicitors.

Not a red letter or word in it...

Oh well, waiting time

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, The R/K has received the dreaded Zenith Collection Letter, must be saving money no red ink used

Also saving money as they are using Debt Recovery Plus envelopes or is that Zenith Collections is trading name of Debt Recovery Plus.

What I can’t work out, is, why Zenith would want to take £40.00 less than what Deb + would accept as a reduced fee.

The mind boggles

Just ignore them. Theyre in breach of FCA/OFT rules anyway. DRP is also a one man band who cant do a thing.