JSA Claim Closed

OldUserNewName
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry for starting another new thread but have a problem.

I have been informed this morning that my claim for JSA has been closed as I have had my third period of sickness within 12 months. I was informed by someone at the jobcentre some months back that the sickness period was reset on the anniversary of the claim but was told today its rolling 12 months.

No advice was offered in what I should do to reclaim or anything like that.

I was only informed because I rang this this morning as I was due to sign today but had completed a JSA28 on Wednesday of last week due to having norovirus. I wasn't sure if I had to attend today even though I had used the full 14 days on the form.

The woman I spoke to said claim had been closed and that was that, all benefits stopped.

I am sat here worried sick as I have bills to pay at the end of the week and now no way of paying them.

Can anyone give any help at all?

First of all

Make an immediate nil income claim at your local housing office to retain housing benefit and ctc support (But remember to declare any other household income)

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/166998/response/407841/attach/html/3/3030%20response.pdf.html

there is another link in that lot that takes you to the decision makers guide.

Looks like it may be a rolling 12 month

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Unfortunately rules are not easy or clear unless yoyu really do know what you are looking for. It seems your claim has been closed automatically as the system has flagged you as being off sick over the allowed 2 times (up to 14 days each). If possible, see your doctor and get a short term ESA caim going dated back to when your claim was closed which will give you some breathing space (say a month or 2) and then re-claim JSA (not sure what the lagalities are on ESA to JSA reclaim but would have thought it would be straightforward)

As has been mentioned, a nil income claim is essential if on HB and see if you can (in the interim) get some hardship payments

Best of luck

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

Managed to speak to someone at my local jobcentre and I was advised to make a rapid reclaim online. I did this yesterday afternoon and I am now waiting for a phone call to advise when my appointment will be. The person I spoke to at the jobcentre did say it would probably be the middle of January before I get any money and I am not entitled to any hardship payments as I live alone and have no children.

I also spoke to the council who checked and said they had not been notified as yet and that payment on Monday would go through as normal as it was too late to recall it. They did say I was unable to declare nil income until my claim was suspended. The council also said that an overpayment would be generated and this would be claimed back from me and that even when my claim is up and running again the overpayment will still be taken until it is all sorted out which could take 6 months. My housing benefit would go from £365 per month down to £200 per month, meaning I will trying to find £225 each month towards my rent.

Also rang the processing centre to find out when a weeks money would be paid to me, I normally sign on a Tuesday, last time was 25th November and I submitted my sickness form on 3rd December and it was to be taken from that day so I assumed I would get at least 1 week of benefit but I was told that no money was owed to me at all so that has confused me.

I am sick with worry over it all, no money at all to manage over Christmas and no money to pay bills.

Can anyone offer any further advice.

Thanks