Vodafone will not let us cancel purchase of pay and go phone.**RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My son purchased a pay and go phone from Vodaphone on black friday (Nov 28th).

He had to purchase credit and there was an offer of 2 months subscription to Now TV as part of the deal.

The phone was going to be a Christmas gift for his son (my grandson).

His wife was also buying things and got the Now TV deal on another purchase so they did not need both.

Vodaphone sent a message to say they would activate the credit within a day or two.

Obviously this was not much use if the phone was not going to be used until Dec 25th.

He decided to cancel under the cooling-off period of distance selling regs and told Vodaphone via their chat option.

They would not agree to this, even though it was only a couple of hours later.

He phoned them and they still wouldn't budge, they insisted on sending the order out and then making him return it.

In addition to this he had also been billed twice.

He refused delivery and got the DPD driver to select "item refused as no longer required"

on his electronic pad and it went back to the depot.

He has confirmation that it was being returned to Vodaphone.

Since then there has been no communication from them and no refund.

The double payment was sorted out by the credit card company but they say they cannot do a chargeback

unless my son can prove he has cancelled the order.

We would feel happier if we could give them the cancellation in writing as they seem to be very reluctant to accept it,

but cannot find an official e-mail address and the call centre would not give us one either

- does anyone know who we need to send this to?

Hi

You could try the VF rep we have here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2014**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Please ensure you follow the instructions fully and post up the automated reply number you will get from VF

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for the link Silver, the form wants an awful lot of info though, should I put my details or my son's?

All we really want is the correct e-mail address so we can prove that the purchase has been cancelled and then we can do a charge back.

Just to update:

As we refused delivery of the phone the courier, DPD, will return it to Vodafone. We also sent a cancellation letter, signed for, to the head office address and have confirmation that it was received. Since we cancelled the purchase, Vodafone is now the customer and my son is the consignee.

Does anyone know how long it will take for the refund to reach us?

Edited by Amathaine

Hi Joey,

In view of the number of threads featuring Vodafone (every other one!) I would strongly urge caution before committing to anything with this company.

Trouble being is that EE over charged us more than £5000 on our contacts, and refused to pay anything back unless we renewed the contract with them. Also when we wanted to get some old handsets unlocked, they randomly tried to terminate the contracts of the new handsets of our clients (Also happens to be one of our top clients, a dragon from dragons den). On the phone when we complained about this, they actually told us to go somewhere else if we didn't like it.

Vodaphone were more than happy to buy out our contract from EE, renew our handsets every 12 months, and we havn't had problems with them previously.

Hi Lee,

Thank you for the phone call this morning, confirming that Vodafone have received the phone back. Unfortunately the Refunds Team have not called me and, as it is nearly 3 pm, on a Friday, it doesn't look like they will.

I would therefore like to take you up on your offer to chase it further.

Finally spoke to the Refunds Team and they took my son's credit card details (why isn't this already on the system?). They say the money should be in his account by January 7th. He asked for an e-mail confirmation or a letter and was told they cannot do that. Why?

I am grateful to Lee for trying to sort this out, but this is clearly a company that doesn't want to be held to any promises. I hope they keep their word over this refund, I will keep this thread updated......

Edited by Amathaine

I really hope that VF keep their word. I am sure that Lee will assist in getting email confirmation for you.

I won't update this thread until you say it is resolved

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone, Happy New Year!

Just back with an update:

The refund was processed and has arrived back in my son's account. I would like to thank Silverfox for his advice and Lee for his help. I have to say I am not impressed that it took a public complaint and the intervention of the company rep to make Vodafone do the right thing, but it has been sorted out now.

Excellent news. Glad that we could help and Lee for his input.

Marking as resolved. :smile: