style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to get advice about being refused a replacement camera from Brighthouse after accidental loss on holiday. The company asured me I was covered for a loss of this nature. I was told to wait 2 weeks for the new camera. After 4 weeks they told me I didn't have a crime ref' number and accidental loss was not sufficient for a new one. BEFORE I informed them of said loss I phoned a different branch and asked a hypothetical question re the nature of my own loss. They said I was in a position to make a claim.

The cover I was claiming under was already forced upon me and now it seems that theft would be ok for a replacement but not loss. They told me the opposite first time around. I told them I had slipped on a boating holiday and lost it to the river. Fine they said, wait 2 weeks. I have paid 3/4 payments so far and now they expect me to make many more payments until I have given them around 6oo pounds!

I am trying to get advice about being refused a replacement camera from Brighthouse after accidental loss on holiday.

The company asured me I was covered for a loss of this nature.

I was told to wait 2 weeks for the new camera.

After 4 weeks they told me I didn't have a crime ref' number and accidental loss was not sufficient for a new one.

BEFORE I informed them of said loss I phoned a different branch and asked a hypothetical question re the nature of my own loss.

They said I was in a position to make a claim.

The cover I was claiming under was already forced upon me and now it seems that theft would be ok for a replacement but not loss.

They told me the opposite first time around.

I told them I had slipped on a boating holiday and lost it to the river.

Fine they said, wait 2 weeks.

I have paid 3/4 payments so far and now they expect me to make many more payments until I have given them around 6oo pounds!

Don't let them mess you around,

they'll try to worm their way out of the claim,

do everything in writing (try not to call as evidence isn't kept),

I know when you call in and if they make notes this can be kept on record (you get that via an SAR).

But I'd pursue this as far as you are able to,

if they refuse then seek a refund of the insurance as you were mis-led into buying it

(I'm currently taking direct Court action against them for mis-sold insurance).

Ask them to see the proof of what they're claiming they need.

Make life just as hard for them.

Wait for Jason or one of the others to reply,

but whatever you do, keep everything in writing.

reclaim all the OSC/DLC you have ever paid

that will pay for a new camera I bet!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Afternoon grayalien,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I would advise to contact the Customer Relations team on 0800 526069 or email [email protected] and place 'CAG Ref 109556' in the subject heading. Please include your account details and the information regarding the complaint.

We can then investigate your complaint and come to a resolution.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations

most insurance policies demand that you report the loss to the police. Almost all constabularies have a method of recording this and will issue you with a reference number that is similar to a crime ref for insurance purposes. the details needed are minimal so do that and go back to BH and give them the ref no and demand to know what they intend to do next.