Sim Free request - Vodafone

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I know there is a Vodaphone rep that frequents these forums so if they or anyone else could clarify something for me please. My friend has an iPhone on contract with Vodaphone and has requested a code to make it sim free. He was told by an advisor that they cannot issue a code as he got the phone and contract through Phones4U.

As they have gone bust what is he supposed to do now, surely it doesn't matter where he got the phone from, his contract is with Vodaphone and it is currently locked to their network.

Any advice please.

Thanks.

We here at CAGlink31.gif have a very successful vodafonelink3.gif Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/s...us&LANGUAGE=en)

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAGlink31.gif Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

On a normal note, I believe that IPhones from P4U should have come unlocked.

However as P4U is now under, I think Vodafone may have to step up here...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

On a normal note, I believe that IPhones from P4U should have come unlocked.

I'll bet they haven't even tried a different sim in it, I think they just presumed it would be locked to Vodaphone network.

I'll advise them to try that first.

Thanks

Most phone shops that offer multiple networks won't have the phone locked.

It is the shop that provides the phone (if bought in store), so they aren't going to have variations of the same phone all locked to separate networks.

Vodaphone are usually very good at unlocking phones, but they will likely only do it out of contract. EE on the other hand will say you have to be in a contract for them to unlock the phone. (Avoid EE)

Hi odds,

So I can help your friend further with this, ask them to email me with their details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line.

Once sent, they'll receive an automated reply with a reference. Post back with this and I'll check that I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK