another working tax overpayment help required

debt4get

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

apparently after claiming wtc and being awarded it for 2012-13 was earning 7.00 ph on a 32 hour week

hmrc claim that i earned £24k in this tax year,

though for life of me cant figure that one out

now had to finish work and told overpayment is 1200 pounds

letter arrived today saturday [gotta admire their timing arriving on a weekend]

rang them and they say they require me to pay at least 50 per cent of any disposable income per month

which after answering questions on expenditure and income comes out at 14 quid a month

can they insist on this amount

You mention claiming in 2012/13 but also mention this years income. This years income would have no bearing on your award for 2012/13. What year has actually been overpaid?

£14 per month seems very low in my opinion as that will take nearly 7 years to pay off. How much do you want to pay?

no i understand that. this years income which is drastically reduced to to having to give up work would have no bearing on 12/13 or 13/14 i cannot see where they have got the 24k figure earned from on 7 pound per hr over 32 hours per week. overpayment is for 13/14 when they claimed i earned this 24k my figures come out at just over 11k for 13/14 when they say overpayment made