British Gas pay as you go meter

billyrock
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a BG pay as you go meter,

I first agreed to have it installed as BG said my Direct debits kept been rejected

and my bill was escalating, I was told that my bill was £2357.00 .

When the Meter was installed the outstanding bill on the screen said £2357.00 which was to be paid back at £6 per week,

this all seemed a good way to pay back my debt at a rate I could afford

to my shock 4 months later my outstanding bill had gone up to £4200.00,

I phoned BG three times to get this amended and each time I was told it was an error and would be corrected.

I have just spoken to BG again who now say it's because they didn't take into account my rejected Direct debits at the time,

surely I can't be told 3 times it was an error to be told they realised 4 months after the meter was fitted

that they had to add more on which they did without even informing me.

I have a BG pay as you go meter, I first agreed to have it installed as BG said my Direct debits kept been rejected and my bill was escalating, I was told that my bill was £2357.00 .

When the Meter was installed the outstanding bill on the screen said £2357.00 which was to be paid back at £6 per week, this all seemed a good way to pay back my debt at a rate I could afford but to my shock 4 months later my outstanding bill had gone up to £4200.00, I phoned BG three times to get this amended and each time I was told it was an error and would be corrected. I have just spoken to BG again who now say it's because they didn't take into account my rejected Direct debits at the time, surely I can't be told 3 times it was an error to be told they realised 4 months after the meter was fitted that they had to add more on which they did without even informing me.

Hello there.

You've posted in the general legal forum. Are you taking legal action against British Gas please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

have you got copies of every bill

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also have you confirmed with BG that the Direct Debit details they have for your account that are being rejected are correct?

Have you checked with the bank at all why these DD are in fact being rejected?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

What was the agreed DD amount with BG?

Did BG increase your DD amount?

Could you please clarify post #4

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

I set up required amount as per BG as DD but couldn't keep to it due ti unsufficient funds, I thought good idea they suggested payg meter as it meant I could pay it back slowly and couldn't get in any more debt with them, I thought until now that is!

When the meters were changed did you take a final reading of the old meter (or did the meter operator that carried out the work give you the readings)

It is important can you please clarify post #4 - Do you have copies of all your bills with BG?

Also have you checked your bill to make sure the meter serial number match?