• Tweets

• How did you purchase the goods? (instore or online)   How did you pay for the goods? (cash or card and which card method if paid by card i.e. debt card etc.)        
    • Thanks for the reply which makes the case more simple.   As the young gym member was under 18 when she joined, she was a minor and the gym or their admin Co. cannot enforce any contract or agreement with her.   She can reply to any demand from the gym saying :-   " I was a minor at the time of signing the membership and cannot be held to any contract terms associated with such a membership agreement. Accordingly no further demands should be made and this should be the end of the matter. Yours faithfully, YD"   Send this to the gym's address by letter and get a free Cert of Posting at the PO Counter.   Keep us posted please
    • sorry Scania ..so you have a problem with the product?  
    • Morrisons supermarket sell clothing under the Nutmeg brand.  Generally, these goods are of decent quality and not too expensive. There is a fairly wide range. Like other supermarkets, their sizes should be taken with a large pinch of salt.   Unfortunately, Morrison's merchandise these clothes through an outfit called Deeset. When things go wrong then your troubles really begin.   Deeset won't reply to emails. They operate a confounded automatic phone system where your call is put in a queue. EVENTUALLY, you receive a message that no one is available to take your call.   Their shop floor workers are not allowed to order goods in for you and not allowed to phone head office.   It's inconceivable that a prestigious company like Morrison's should be involved with an outfit like Deeset, which does no good for Morrison's image.
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
sparx

Replacement Shower - Also faulty

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1592 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We purchased an Aqualisa Vitalise SLX 8.5kW shower as part of a bathroom suite March 2013. From then until about 6 months ago it worked fine (Max temp on setting 3 of 45°C) 6 months ago it started intermittently not heating up to full on 3rd setting (Max of 36-37°C). We just got on with it, having other things to deal with.

The fault is that:

Setting 1 does not "click", and does not affect water temperature.

Setting 2 "clicks", lights dim slightly, and water temperature increases.

Setting 3 does not "click" and does not affect water temperature.

Therefore i'm guessing that Setting 1 switches on one heating element, Setting 2 switches on a second, and Setting 3 switches both on. (Hence why 1 and 3 don't work).

We eventually had time to research the problem (November 2014) - these showers were recalled in Dec 2013 due to risk of electric shock. We contacted the company who said that if it was not leaking then it was not eligible to be replaced under that recall. (http://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/product-recalls/2013/12/aqualisa-vitaliseenergy-electric-showers/)

We then contacted their technical support who sent an engineer to investigate, who turned up with a whole new (?refurbished) unit, and fitted it. He said that due to low local water temperature and it only being an 8.5kW unit, the shower may not reach the maximum temperature. He left with the shower not achieving more than 36°C, having lowered the house water pressure slightly.

Having investigated more thoroughly since, it appears that this replacement shower ALSO has the same problem our previous one had. Throughout winter 2013 the shower worked perfectly.

Question is, who do we chase? Since Aqualisa replaced our previous unit, does the Sale of Goods Act apply to them?

Hi sparx

The Sales of Goods Act 1979 (Amended) does apply.

Google the make and model number to see if others have reported an inherent fault. The retailer is responsible for resolving this.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

How did you pay for it? Credit Card?

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

It was bought from a local retailer. The original unit was paid for by debit card as part of an invoice.

That unit has since been replaced by the manufacturer (and one of their engineers) FoC. This replacement unit is also faulty.

Does SoGA apply to the manufacturer now, since they have replaced it? I assume the retailer now has no obligation to do so?

Hi sparx

It's still the retailers responsibility, unfortunately SOGA won't appy to the manufacturer. What you might have to do is get an independent report on the fault. But in the first instance send the following amended template to the retailer, send it Recorded Delivery.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/consumer_what_you_can_do_about_faulty_goods_e/complaint_about_faulty_goods.htm

Let us know what they say.

It was bought from a local retailer. The original unit was paid for by debit card as part of an invoice.

That unit has since been replaced by the manufacturer (and one of their engineers) FoC. This replacement unit is also faulty.

Does SoGA apply to the manufacturer now, since they have replaced it? I assume the retailer now has no obligation to do so?

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

We've contacted the manufacturer again, who are actually being quite helpful this time around.

The fault seems permanent now, rather than intermittent as before. I can pretty much guarantee that it's a fault with a relay/contactor which supplies power to the second heater element (or control circuitry of that relay/contactor). The maximum temp we are now getting is 33 Celcius, up to 45 Celcius with the cold tap running, which is obviously unacceptable (water is not metered luckily!)

If we have no luck with the manufacturer then we'll head back to the retailer (who has told my parents that they cannot deal with it... where have I heard that before!!).

This is the fault if anyone else has come across it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lurPA05juyc

Cheers guys,

sparx

Just an update - Aqualisa sent another engineer (even after stating that we should go back to the retailer) - he came to replace the entire unit again, however there was a loose screw which dropped out when he removed the front cover.

Put the old cover back on the old unit, and voila! Perfect heat on all settings.

I can only imagine that this screw was shorting one of the outputs from the MCU inside the shower, preventing it turning on the appropriate heaters.

Cheers cag!