Vodafone - Galaxy Samsung S3 and refused 'insurance' repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have had a recent issue with Vodafone and I complained on the webchat to them.

I have a Galaxy Samsung S3 and went to put it in for a insurance repair on the 04/10/2014.

My account was being transferred to a new system so they couldn't do the repair.

I tried another 3 times and still could not get my phone repaired.

Almost 2 months later they still advised me they couldn't repair it and I still have a broken phone.

I tried to complain on the webchat,

I spoke with multiple people and finally "Doug - Team Manager" gave me one resolution to my complaint.

It was to arrange for a postal repair, now, 2 months later, after having no phone.

I did not accept this as my complaint resolution so asked for a deadlock letter,

however the adviser on the webchat said they can't send that by email or by post to me.

What happens now? If I don't have a deadlock letter I can't go through to the Ombudsman?

Thanks

Well We have a good rep here from Vodafone who will help. His name is Lee. #

Site team will be along shortly.

Anyway Vodas system change shouldnt affect a warranty or insurance replacement.

Thats not good that they have done this.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

under SOGA regardless to any warranty you are covered.

unless the issue was caused by you?

We here at CAg have a very successful VodaFone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&COUNTRY=us&LANGUAGE=en)

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAG Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

CAG.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you.

I'll follow your advise, also it's not a warranty issue it is a repair through insurance. I was more than happy to pay my excess and get my phone repaired but after 2 months I don't think the resolution to my complaint is to finally fix my phone after being without it for 2 months :-).

Richard

so what is wrong with the phone?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So far all I've been asked for is additional security questions.. Very slow process :ranger:

The temporary phone being used is useless - calls do not connect & a fair amount of important phone calls such as Doctors callbacks have been missed, which is very frustrating if you've ever been waiting for one and then randomly a voice mail comes through!!

I would buy a cheap phone to use but cheap phones don't use micro sim so it's hassle for me to even do that. :ohwell:

Hoping to get a resolution as soon as possible.

Richard

Lee has contacted me yesterday and is trying to arrange for the repair of the phone, for some reason my mobile number isn't working when they try to arrange the repair so Lee is calling me back today to see if he got around the issue.

Lee also advised me that the other part of my complaint will still be looked into which is hopeful.

This is the most sense I've had out of anybody on web chat/in store so far, so hopefully this gets it resolved and I can have my phone back first of all! :pray2:

Hi all,

Just to give you an update, I spoke with Lee who arranged for a replacement phone to be sent to us and exchanged for the broken phone.

It was arranged for today but they attempted to do it Saturday (I wasn't in) and again yesterday.

The phone was replaced yesterday and the complaint was fully resolved (Lee also advised any fee for replacement/repair will be waived)

Lee has updated me throughout the course of my complaint and is a credit cag.

It's a shame it took me to write on a public forum to get some sort of appropriate investigation to my complaint, I think the advisers on the webchat need to learn a thing or two off Lee. They're useless and I think all they can do is follow a script.

Thank you CAG & Lee for your assistance!

Richard

:clap2: