Met Parking Services and McDonalds car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all,

In the past when ive had these i have filed them in the bin and ignored the reminders and nothing has ever come of them,

but, i am reading more about them going to court these days so want people opinions on if i should appeal or ignore ( or pay ? )

A sunday afternoon, spent 112 minutes in mcdonalds having lunch,

drinking a couple of coffees and utilising Maccy D's free wifi to watch Lewis Hamilton

win the grand prix championship and Liverpool play on sky go on ipad.

I did notice the parking signs as i drove in but assumed they were 2 hours stay like most other places.

just recieved a Parking Charge Notice from Met parking services

so what to do next ? owt or nowt ?

Scort

the general advice is to appeal on any grounds you wish such as signage not visible to driver when entering car park.

They will reject it but will have to give you a method of appealing to POPLA.

This will cost them money and you can then defeat the claim because you havent caused them a loss so the amount claimed is an unenforceable penalty.

Whilst this is happening, find out if the Maccyd's is a franchise or directly owned

and kick up a fuss about the all too small time limit bearing in mind you spent a fortune on lining your arteries with their fat.

- or tasty products, whichever you prefer.

show them that you are being penalised for spending your money and you will have to go elsewhere

if this is how they treat good customers and you would rather be a bad one.

What date was the "offence" ???

What date did you get the notice to keeper (NTK) ?????

I agree with the above posts.

Signs must be readable from the drivers seat at the entrance to the area or no "contract" is formed.

If you can photo the sign and post it up on the thread.

Good Luck.

You are missing the point sligthtly inasmuch as it doesnt matter why you appeal to MET as they are going to reject your appeal anyway. What you want is the POPLA code so you can appeal to the independent adjudicator and this will cost Met money for the appeal and the you can beat them on the demand is not representative of theor losses nor a genuine pre-estimate of loss for a breach of contract.

• 3 weeks later...

Read other threads to put the flesh in your appeal.

1) Fine is not a geunine pre estimate of loss which means it is an unenforceable penalty

2) You demand to see sight of their contract with the LANDOWNER (Not the franchise)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I'd just appeal using GPEOL and be done with it. POPLA will ignore everything else anyway. And remember, it is NOT a fine.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Merry Christmas all

just before santa came the letter of rejection arrived from Met parking giving me the needed POPLA code

so , in a nut shell, whats next to do ?

What was your appeal to MET that they rejected?

The signage you have posted hopes/pretends to be a contractual charge...

But states ' No unauthorised parking '.

You cannot enter into a contract for something that you are not allowed to do.

It mentions ' failure to comply with the terms and conditions ' , numerous times, so suggests breach of contract.

This means the charge must be a genuine pre estimate of loss that the landowner has suffered, due to the driver spending money in maccy ds for longer than the sign lets them.

An appeal to POPLA must include;

1. Please provide a breakdown of the genuine pre estimate of loss, that this charge must represent, for any alleged breach of the terms and conditions displayed on the signage.

2. Proof, by sight of contact, that MET has lawful authority to issue and pursue parking charge notices through to a court of law.

3. Proof that the charge is not punitive.

What was your appeal to MET that they rejected?

The signage you have posted hopes/pretends to be a contractual charge...

But states ' No unauthorised parking '.

You cannot enter into a contract for something that you are not allowed to do.

It mentions ' failure to comply with the terms and conditions ' , numerous times, so suggests breach of contract.

This means the charge must be a genuine pre estimate of loss that the landowner has suffered, due to the driver spending money in maccy ds for longer than the sign lets them.

An appeal to POPLA must include;

1. Please provide a breakdown of the genuine pre estimate of loss, that this charge must represent, for any alleged breach of the terms and conditions displayed on the signage.

2. Proof, by sight of contact, that MET has lawful authority to issue and pursue parking charge notices through to a court of law.

3. Proof that the charge is not punitive.

cheers Armadillo - im putting together the appeal to popla so will pist up for the forums perusal when done

thanks for everyones help so far

Appeal however you want to popla. Just make sure your main appeal is using GPEOL and you are guaranteed to win.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The sign says that the parking company are operating the car park on behalf of McDonald's. I would guess that McD's are not the landowner, so as the loss will be their loss and not McD's, you should ask them for a copy of their contract with the landowner to chase you for money.

MCD's are the landowner. They just pretend to ignore it so they dont have to take responsibility

Maccy D's are often franchises and the contract between MET and MCD would then be worthless as they are not the occupier or the owner of the land. The site people are too scared of the corporation to say that they dont want this imposed upon them so you get a generic "sod off" letter