Online banking problem

Julifoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

on 24/11/2014 I logged in to online banking only to find that my main account appeared to have been very overdrawn for several weeks!

This was not true, as I check my account regularly.

I went out of the account to look at another account than back in to the original account

only to find that all the entries were now correct!

The account continued to vary between overdrawn and correct and we were able to print out two sets of "recent transactions"

both showing the same debits and credits but with very different balances all the way through.

We were not able to detect where the fault had occurred since the online statements were correct

- the problem was in the recent transactions records.

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem?

We have written to the bank asking for a written reply as really as customers we HAVE to be able to trust the bank's computer.

At the moment they are (of course) trying to ring me!

yes quite often happens

give it 24hrs to sort itself.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes quite often happens give it 24hrs to sort itself.

Duh???????????? You sound like you ACCEPT this type of occurrence? Well I do not - it is outrageous, what the hell is wrong with their computer system?

Edited by slick132
layout

the issue is its online and live

I often get that in the early hours when I check.

ok not 'right' but if you've not suffered a loss , ....

I think that's why some banks now include a little line or a box that says available balance

but it doesn't always tally with the live statements

as payment have yet to be cleared or claimed.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes i understand the point that you are making but this was different in that it showed that we had been substantially overdrawn every day for over a month. Substantially being hundreds of pounds every day, when in fact all though we had overdrawn on a few separate occasions, this was only by a few pounds on each occasion.

We are most careful with our money as (like many) we live on a fixed income. This was not a matter of the cleared balance on that day. Had the incorrect set of accounts won, we would have been liable for large bank charges and would have had great difficulty in proving that the bank's figures were wrong, as I do not take a print out each time I log in.

Hi Julifoo and welcome to CAG

The bank will try hard to settle the complaint by phone so make sure you don't let them, and insist on written correspondence.

Well done for taking copies of the differing figures. That may be crucial in getting the bank to take the complaint seriously.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)