I'm charging Anglian Home Improvements £500 each time they continue to harass/phone me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

(I'm not exactly sure what forum this should go in, so I'm posting it here, but Mods please feel free to move it.)

I'm going to charge Anglian Home Improvements £500 each time they continue to harass/phone me

I have reached the Samuel L. Jackson Fury Event Horizion - "Enough is Enough!

I have had it up to here with these [edit] Double-glazing salesmen on this [edit] phoneline":-x

I'd appreciate some advice on the specific OFCOM guidline and law acts I can use against them.

Dear Anglian,

I have, over the last 6 months, received dozens of phone call from you, some silent and putting the phone down immediately I answer,

and some asking to speak to a "Mrs Gardner", presumably the person that had this phone number (REMOVED) before me.

I know the calls are from you due to the caller number display.

Every single time I request, as is my legal right, that you stop calling me immediately

and that you remove my phone number and all other information from your system and never call me again,

your phone operator always agrees to do this.

Despite this request, you continue to phone me at all hours of the day and night,

and even when I inform you that I am not the person you are looking for

you still try to sell me something.

Let me inform you of some facts:

(1) I have NEVER contacted you, requested a quote, had business dealing with you or otherwise made any contact with you previously

(2) I am extremely ill, severely disabled and bedbound due to an incurable illness. I often have to rest or sleep during the day or evening.

(3) The phone number you keep ringing (REMOVED) is for EMERGENCY use only,

and hence each time I hear it ring, I can only assume it is an emergency.

This stresses me, and my illness is one that, if I am stressed, my illness gets worse. Hence your insistent calls are causing me actual harm.

(4) You have ignored my request to remove my number from your records on EVERY SINGLE OCCASION,

thus breaking the OFCOM GUIDELINES ???? and the LAW ACT ???? Protection from Harassment Act 1997

(5) From this date onwards I am applying a schedule of fees for every phone call I receive from you

to compensate me for my time and for the damage to my health, and for restitution for the HARASSMENT from you.

The fees are as follows;

Receiving phone call from yourselves = £500

Receiving SILENT phone call from yourselves = £750

answering email from yourselves = £250

answering unsolicited letter from yourselves = £250

personal visit from yourselves = £1500

Writing letter to yourselves = £77.34p

Continued phone contact or extended other communication from yourselves shall be consider acceptance of this schedule of fees.

All communication may be recorded and made public. Continued ingnoring of my requests will lead to legal action.

Yours sincerely

Mr Mongoose

Edited by occasional_mongoose
spelling

Hi,

We are very sorry about the calls and would like to look into this further. If you could email our customer services team (email address can be found on our site), referencing this forum and also sending us your telephone number, address and postcode, we can ensure you do not receive further calls.

Many thanks

Anglian Customer Care Department

I think the you are right to charge them. However, I think that your rates are extremely unreasonable and I don't think that any judge would uphold them. Because of that I doubt whether Anglian would take them at all seriously.

I would suggest that you come up with a tariff that is far more reasonable and represents the loss and inconvenience to you. I would suggest typically – £20 – per time.

With a rate like this, if you took it to court then you would stand a very good chance of winning. Anglian would know this and probably pay up and then probably sort themselves out and shut up. Companies like Anglian Home Improvements which do this kind of thing are a nuisance to everybody and it is a very good reason for not doing business with them in the first place.

Send them a more reasonable tariff and then start logging everything that happens. Put in a bill and tell them that they have 14 days to pay or you will sue. We will help you bring a small claim. It's very easy. Don't make this threat and don't start sending them tariffs if you don't mean to go ahead. You will only undermine yourself

Hi,

We are very sorry about the calls and would like to look into this further. If you could email our customer services team (email address can be found on our site), referencing this forum and also sending us your telephone number, address and postcode, we can ensure you do not receive further calls.

Many thanks

Maybe Anglian Customer Care would like to explain on this forum why people are receiving the calls anyway.

Your company is making a nuisance of itself and you are not doing your own reputation any good.

Do you care?

I think that you should make this person an offer of some compensation. What would you like to say to that?

Hi,

So, let me get this right?

Instead of a situation where you have only my phone number and don't know my name or address,

You'd like to go to a sitaution where you know my phone number AND my full name AND full address,

and emailing this infomation to you will resulst in a totally different endstate from the dozen times I VERABLLY told you to remove me.

AND you TOTALLY won't sell my details onto another person?

You can see why I might be doudtfull...

they are a right pest

hundreds of posts about them on various sites

never take no for an answer

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Instead of a situation where you have only my phone number and don't know my name or address,

You'd like to go to a sitaution where you know my phone number AND my full name AND full address,

and emailing this infomation to you will resulst in a totally different endstate from the dozen times I VERABLLY told you to remove me.

Hi,

We will use these details to simply ensure no calls are made to your number again. We can assure you, your details would not be sold to anybody. I understand your doubts, but would like to assure you we can get this resolved once we have the requested details.

Many thanks

Anglian Customer Care team

Get the nastiest dca to collect your fees.

That would be fun!

One thing I have done is to download a recording of someone swearing for a few minutes (or you can diy this part).

When they call the landline I ask them to hold on and then play the recording to them.

I played the recording again and the mug listened to it again.

He hung up half way through the third time I played it.

Cretin!

• Sad 1

they are a right pest

Even more so when they come knocking on your door. Have taken to asking for their ID badges and then shutting the door on them. When they ring again to ask for the ID back, the response is "No. I can not confirm your identity, and I am awaiting a visit from the police to regarding door-to-door con artists operating in this area". :madgrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Even more so when they come knocking on your door. Have taken to asking for their ID badges and then shutting the door on them. When they ring again to ask for the ID back, the response is "No. I can not confirm your identity, and I am awaiting a visit from the police to regarding door-to-door con artists operating in this area". madgrin.gif

This is a great way to waste their time.

Thanks, will do that next time they knock at my door 😊

This is a great way to waste their time.

Thanks, will do that next time they knock at my door 😊

While it does sound fun, I would suggest it is theft. That is not your id, its theirs, and by taking it from them and refusing to hand it back, it becomes theft. It might even become a lot worse as you have taken it from a person, it might even be classed as robbery. Yes, very shaky ground indeed.

While it does sound fun, I would suggest it is theft. That is not your id, its theirs, and by taking it from them and refusing to hand it back, it becomes theft. It might even become a lot worse as you have taken it from a person, it might even be classed as robbery. Yes, very shaky ground indeed.

No, no, no.

I will be holding the ID for the purpose of checking the caller credentials.

I surely wouldn't permanently deprive them of their id.

They would have handed the ID to me, I wouldn't take it by force.

It will be just for half hour while I make phone calls.

So no theft.

Would they call the police? No.

Would I keep them outside in the cold ringing the disconnected bell for half an hour? Yes!

Hi,

Many thanks

I have to agree with mongoose here - aside from which - if all you have at the present is a telephone number - how would giving you a name and address help you resolve the issue - which is to "remove the telephone number" from your data base ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 months later...

did they remove your number from their database?

did the unsolicited calls stop?

did you request they pay you for each unsolicited call? did they pay? or did you proceed to court action?

email is simple, you can just block it, mark it as spam. by marking it as spam it may blacklist their server and send all their marketing to peoples junk folders instead.

i can appreciate your frustration in their repeated unwanted phone calls to you!

To tell you the truth, I turned off the ringer on my phone to stop them.

I want to get full details from them, so I'm sending them this letter, (I know you are reading this Anglian, or rather your paid forum reader)

DATE:- 29th March 2015

Subject Access Request Letter under the Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Anglian Windows/ Anglian Home Improvements,

Please supply me with ALL data that you hold on me, the telephone number (occasional_mongoose's phone number) and the email address (occasional_mongoose's email). This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. Complete details of any and all interaction between yourselves and myself including the telephone number (occasional_mongoose's phone number) since 16/05/2014 and the email address (occasional_mongoose's email) since 01/01/2012

2. Transcriptions of all telephone conversations recorded and any notes made in relation to telephone conversations by your company, or by any previous creditor or companies in your employ.

3. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account.

4. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

5. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

Please inform me, prior to processing this request, if you require a fee to be paid. I understand that I am entitled to a response within forty (40) working days.

I would be grateful if you could confirm this request by email as soon as possible.

Please send acknowledgement to (occasional_mongoose's email).

If you have any queries or questions then please contact me at (occasional_mongoose's email).

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above telephone number and email address are the ones which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable. Also note that any more unsolicited marketing telephone calls or spam emails will be charged at a minimum of £30 per instance or the cost of dealing with them appropriately, whichever is greater.

Yours faithfully

occasional_mongoose

Anglian have been told to stop it repeatly.

Anglian have been told how much it will cost them if they don't.

Now they have a chance to come clean and state ALL there calls to me.

And why they didn't stop when I (politely) asked.

And if they don't.....

Legal action is the next step.

spelling of "chance"

Another nice thing about them, the spam emails they are sending out don't have any link to unsubscribe, and if you go to the email senders page, you can't unsubscribe. This I believe is actualy illegal.

Also the Anglian page the spam sends you to isn't HMTL ( with text and clickable links), it's a single HUGE jpg picture file.

The whole impression Anglian gives with this is so dodgy that even Del Boy would want nothinhg to do with them.

spelling

£30 is more acceptable than £500! Reason i say that is if Anglian ignore you and you decide to take this to court, I think the judge would not allow £500 per call.

Maybe it would speed your SAR if you sent Anglian payment of £10

Failing the SAR, do you have a log showing the number of times they have called you? If so, then maybe it would be better to send Anglian a letter before action ?

I am interested in your thread since it seems I have to take legal action against a company myself, for the same reasons as you!

Firms don't HAVE to charge £10 for SARs, so I'm want to see what they say, they can't use the time to stall acording to ICO.

I've got a fairly good log of them calling (thank you OCDishness), by I'm also requesting a full list of telephone numbers that have called me from BT (Anyone have any advice on how to do this best?)

Plus I want to compare Anglians list of calls to my list of calls, so if they lie and leave some out then it makes them look even worse to the court.

No matter what their actions, this is going to court eventually, if only to protect other people from having to go through this.

Firms don't HAVE to charge £10 for SARs, so I'm want to see what they say, they can't use the time to stall acording to ICO.

I've got a fairly good log of them calling (thank you OCDishness), by I'm also requesting a full list of telephone numbers that have called me from BT (Anyone have any advice on how to do this best?)

Plus I want to compare Anglians list of calls to my list of calls, so if they lie and leave some out then it makes them look even worse to the court.

No matter what their actions, this is going to court eventually, if only to protect other people from having to go through this.

They don't have to charge for the sar but if they do, the 40 days doesn't start until they receive payment.

At £500 a time, if you claim over £10k you expose yourself to their costs should you lose, and I struggle to see how you would convince a judge that this is a reasonable amount.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You have a good case but your figures are pure fantasy. Get them down to realistic figures and not made up ones and take them to SCC.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have to agree with mongoose here - aside from which - if all you have at the present is a telephone number - how would giving you a name and address help you resolve the issue - which is to "remove the telephone number" from your data base ?

I have to agree, it is of course great that we have a rep here dealing with issues, BUT no-one in their right mind is going to provide further information.

As for amounts, £500 is clearly ridiculous and would not be unpheld by any court, (I recently sued my landlord for widespread disrepair over many years and whilst the Judge agreed he said I had suffered little if any actual loss and awarded me a nominal £100), I'd use the Courts LiP rate of £19 ph as a guide.

Using the rate of £19 is more reasonable as a starting point, write to them telling them and of course reminding them of http://www.5rb.com/case/ferguson-v-british-gas-trading-ltd/