How can Equifax rate me 968 but Noddle reckon I'm only 1 out of 5 ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well you could knock me over with a feather - I've just obtained an Equifax report and credit score as I figured it was time to knuckle down and try to improve my rating and they have me at 968 which they say is excellent.

I've been getting the free Noddle report for a while which has always had me as 1 out of 5 and someone who would have difficulty getting credit.

I'm not looking for credit right now. I am in a debt management plan, but need to plan for life after this ends.

I genuinely thought I would be at the bottom of a credit score, so just don't get it. (I'm not complaining though :smile: )

Noddle isn't very good indicator..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Take no notice of your noodle score

I spent the last 4 years building my credit score so that i could buy a house, My credit expert sore built up from 560 all the way up to 999 and i completed on my house at the end of May

In all that time, my noodle score remained 1/5 and still does to this day

Take no notice of your noodle score

I spent the last 4 years building my credit score so that i could buy a house, My credit expert sore built up from 560 all the way up to 999 and i completed on my house at the end of May

In all that time, my noodle score remained 1/5 and still does to this day

How did you improve your score exactly?

Edited by citizenB
restored quote box

• 4 weeks later...

Ignore the silly credit scores. They mean absolutely nothing and is simply a way for the credit agencies to make money.

They are private companies after all.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The CRA's as I have frequently said, are no longer fit for purpose in a modern electronic world.

They rely heavily on 'the original creditor being right' and accepting the minimal info from them and maximum info from us.

Plus, why should WE pay for access to OUR data.

We pay for it because they store it, organise it, keep it up to date, and notify of any changes or irregularities. None of that can ever be free.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

the credit score can be meaningless. its all down to what type of customer the lender is looking for. you can get a score over 900 by having your credit cards maxed for the last six months. but because you maintained payments its looks good. but the lenders criteria can but you at a high risk and the same goes if you got credit cards and clear them every month. a lender wants to make money.

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

Hardly any reputable companies use noddle or callcredit much anyway. They seem to prefer experian and equifax.