Xercise 4 less and Harland's.

Liammac88

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I signed myself and my girlfriend up for gym memberships back in June of this year.

I then had some financial difficulties and couldn't pay the gym memberships. I had no idea how to deal with letters for both my girlfriend and myself, I have spoke to Harland's a few times and tried paid them a few times.

Although they keep adding charges I had no idea till this evening that I didn't have to be paying these. They passed my account on to another company crs I think, I have moved home and have no letters or correspondence will them.

All I know now is I'm due to pay £40+ on the 10th of this month to fix arrears and charges on my account this is a repeat payment till June of 2015 and another £38 on the 17th for my girlfriends arrears and charges.

I will silly and naive and also my girlfriend was some what worried when we received these letters.

After reading posts on the forum tonight I wonder if anyone could give me my best course of action as I feel I am being took advantage off.

Thanks

Edited by slick132
Please use paragraph spacing. It makes posts easier to read.

Hi Liammac and welcome to CAG

I'll review your post above after putting some spacing in it. It's easier to read when it's not in a solid block.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Liam,

Spend time reading other Xercise4Less / Harlands threads and you'll see more about Harlands antics and our opinion about their admin fees being unlawful penalties, hence unenforceable.

Do not pay them anything more until we've had a chance to review what's happened, and offer opinion about how you could proceed.

I assume the cases for you and your GF are the same, so just give me answers for YOUR m/ship. Then you can take the same action for both cases.

1. What did you pay for June when you joined.

2. What was your monthly fee and on roughly what date was the DD taken.

3. What was the last normal DD that you paid.

4. Since then, how much have you paid, for m/ship arrears, and in admin charges.

If the DD mandate is still in place, cancel it with the bank immediately.

Do not speak to Harlands/CRS. If they call you, tell them to put anything they have to say in writing, then hang up. Do not feel obliged to speak to them AT ALL.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)