Default remove - Re: WRT135 - CAG Forum [#8736541]‏

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I have read some useful posts here, therefore, i followed the instruction and sent Vodafone an email already regarding my problem.

basically, something happened 5 years ago with Vodafone, (after yesterday lots of conversation with vodafone customer services, online chat, according to the customer services, there was early termination fee imposed on my account, but i have been moving around of course, didn't receive any letters from Vodafone to say the outstanding balance and so on, so it has been overlooked.)

Now, i am applying mortgage to buy my first home, i checked my credit report with Experian and Equifax, everything is fine. but my mortgage in principle with Barclay has been declined, due to a default, and my broker asks me to run a credit check with Call credit, which i did, and then I just realize i have a default with Vodafone on my credit report from Call Credit. the default started from 2009 Aug, it is already more than 5 years, but i can't just wait until Aug 2015 to apply a mortgage.

after yesterday many conversation with different people from Vodafone, i have cleared the outstanding balance with my account with Vodafone. i know once this goes through, it will show satisfied in my credit report and so on.

However, it will still look no good when i apply mortgage. I can see Lee from Vodafone has been really helpful in here, I am just wondering if Lee can look into my case, i can provide my account number and everything, and as a gesture of goodwill, the default can be removed from my account.

I look forward to hearing any suggestion and advice.

Many thanks

Sisi

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry you were missed.

You have done everything right so far. It is just a case of waiting to see if VF can help. with only a few months left on this default, VF may remove it but don't bank on it. They are very quick about placing defaults but very slow at removing them.

You say you have paid the termination fees. Can I ask roughly how much? Do you know if this 'debt' was transferred to a debt collector?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, silverfox, thanks for the reply.

The termination fee was about £900, awful a lot. As I am in the process of applying mortgage already, I really need to get this sorted, therefore I prefer to pay the outstanding amount to keep them happy. I have contacted Vodafone and the debt collector, and yes, the debt was passed on a debt collector in Feb 2009, debt collector passed the debt back to Vodafone in May 2009. When I spoke VF customer service, they say the account was cancelled in Feb 2009. They sent couple of letter, but I have never received any... funny enough...The default only shows in CallCredit, i dont know why so, and i dont know by paying this outstanding amount now, will this trigger VF re-active this cancelled account.... of course I dont want to have this surprise on my credit report from other credit agencies. So, I kindly ask VF to remove the default from my account.

Thanks

Sisi

Just an update, Lee from Vodafone called me, and he will pass on the case to quality assurance see if the team can remove the default early for me.

Lets finger crossed!

In between, as this default doesnt show on Experian or Equifax, will all these contact with VF trigger the alert to Experian or Equifax?

Anyone knows?

Many thanks

Sisi