default on suspended repossession want us out on friday please help

kaz70
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, please do come back and let us know how things went - we will be thinking about you. Ask at the court if there are any duty legal advisors there - lots of courts have them and you can ask for their assistance, they can accompany you into the hearing and support your case.

Which court is it? (send me a pm with the name)

Make sure you change those xxx's in the statement - it's easy to overlook the ones in the main part.

I'm sure it will all go OK for you :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there, please do come back and let us know how things went - we will be thinking about you. Ask at the court if there are any duty legal advisors there - lots of courts have them and you can ask for their assistance, they can accompany you into the hearing and support your case.

Which court is it? (send me a pm with the name)

Make sure you change those xxx's in the statement - it's easy to overlook the ones in the main part.

I'm sure it will all go OK for you :)

thank you i will send you name of court good tip about duty legal advisor wil do that fingers crossed be back tomorrow with good new thanks again Ell goodnight

well just got home from court building have to say really unhelpful cant be heard til tomorrow at 9.40 eviction is at 11 so cutting it fine really really scared now there was no one for me to talk too as Ell-enn suggested so another day worried sick just wondered does anyone think i should ring mortgage company or would that make it worse seems a long time til tomorrow an by the time i would get home i would have been evicted any suggestions wold be great thanks

well just got home from court building have to say really unhelpful cant be heard til tomorrow at 9.40 eviction is at 11 so cutting it fine really really scared now there was no one for me to talk too as Ell-enn suggested so another day worried sick just wondered does anyone think i should ring mortgage company or would that make it worse seems a long time til tomorrow an by the time i would get home i would have been evicted any suggestions wold be great thanks

also is it worth me trying another court or does it have to be the one who heard it originally sorry not sure how it all works

Hi there, as you have a hearing on the morning that eviction is due to take place the court will have informed the bailiffs not to attend your property until the judge has heard your case. It is VERY unlikely that you would be evicted tomorrow. Try to stay positive.

When you get to the court in the morning ask to speak to the bailiffs office and check they have been told you have a hearing to stop the eviction - please don't be scared to talk to them, county court bailiffs are usually very approachable. Youcould perhaps ring the CAB in the town the court is in to see if they have anyone who could go along and support you in the hearing.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ignore this as Ellen had responded at the same time :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi there, as you have a hearing on the morning that eviction is due to take place the court will have informed the bailiffs not to attend your property until the judge has heard your case. It is VERY unlikely that you would be evicted tomorrow. Try to stay positive.

When you get to the court in the morning ask to speak to the bailiffs office and check they have been told you have a hearing to stop the eviction - please don't be scared to talk to them, county court bailiffs are usually very approachable. Youcould perhaps ring the CAB in the town the court is in to see if they have anyone who could go along and support you in the hearing.

thank you Ell-enn again!! ok i will try and hold my nerve til tomorrow i will be there for when court opens at 10 and will contact baliffs to make sure they know

Kaz, you need to be there before 9.40 as that is the time of your hearing! The court office opens before the court starts - I have sent you a PM

Kaz, you need to be there before 9.40 as that is the time of your hearing! The court office opens before the court starts - I have sent you a PM

stupid me stress im afraid . i meant to say 9 thanks fir pm i have replied just a last quick one if the judge still grants them possession would we still lose our home at 11 tomorrow or

would we get a new date sounds silly i know

If the worst happens (it won't!), then you could ask the judge for time to find alternative accommodation. Stay positive :) You now have the income to pay the mortgage and arrears, there is no way a judge would grant possession while you have the means to pay.

• Confused 1

If the worst happens (it won't!), then you could ask the judge for time to find alternative accommodation. Stay positive :) You now have the income to pay the mortgage and arrears, there is no way a judge would grant possession while you have the means to pay.

ok i will try an think good thoughts !! sorry for all the silly questions just have to wait for tomorrow thanks again

It doesn't matter how many questions you ask, we'll try to answer and hopefully help to ease your stress :)

There's plenty of us here all day to offer support - so if you need to talk then fire away.......

Good luck Kaz went through similar a while ago (sadly before i found this site) but got some great free advice from my local law centre (govan). They managed to stop the eviction and have been paying mortgage arrears off since then. I know exactly how you feel it is so scary and stressful. However i found once i got good advice (and more importantly supposrt) it made everything easier to deal with. Stick with it! even if the worst happens (although im sure it wont) I am sure there are guys here who will help you overcome that hurdle. Chin up and try not to stress toooo much :lol:

I know, having been there, how stressful it is, but bear in mind, as has been said many times here, that the judge does not want you to lose your home! If you've got an affordable proposal you really should be ok! Make sure you set your alarm clock!

I know, having been there, how stressful it is, but bear in mind, as has been said many times here, that the judge does not want you to lose your home! If you've got an affordable proposal you really should be ok! Make sure you set your alarm clock!

sorry everyone wasnt being ignorant my internet connection died i was on the train!! thank you so much for all your help and support it means so much i will prob be back here tonught as the time gets nearer an i start panicking thank you all again

Come back whenever you need a pep talk. :) It's what we do.

HB

good morning everyone after another night of no sleep its the hearing in three hrs terrified !!! and thats putting it mildly thank you for all your advice and kind words its kept me going just have to stay positive i suppose i will be at court for nine couldnt get anyone from cab office so have to see if there is a duty advisor at court im on my own as hubby has to work i will post as soon as i get out to let you know just worried cos hearing is miles away at 9.40 and eviction is at 11 i wouldnt even be back in time although i would hope the judge would allow me some more time anyway sorry for rambling on so early in the morning (although i guess alot of you like me are awake with money worries )my other concern is will the judge ask me anything i cant answer sorry u must all be sick of my daft questions !! thanks again

Wishing you the very best - please, do let us know how you got on.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Wishing you the very best - please, do let us know how you got on.

hi everyone just got home from court bit hairy but nice man from c a b turned up with 5 mins togo lady from accord strongly opposed but the judge awarded suspended repossession and at the rate we offered arrears free in 2 years mortgage paid off in 5!!! good luck to anyone going through the same today couldnt have done this without Ell-enn though big hugs and many thanks to her and of course very grateful for everyone who wished me well and offered advice just home going to have a sit down and try and relax for first time in a long while xx

Great news. And I very much doubt that lady was from Accord. They appoint someone locally usually who probably know absolutely nothing about you and read your notes this morning.

It is her job to oppose, regardless of what you say and how you present your case. She will be back tomorrow representing another lender - that is how cold and compassionless they make the process.

Like many of us you owe Ell-en your home for the practical and emotional support she gives. I am so pleased things have worked out well, but as you have probably now discovered, judges are usually a lot nicer than the repossession departments at mortgage lenders!

Fantastic news! well done for being so brave :) glad to hear the CAB managed to get someone to support you, that must have helped so much.

You will now get an order from the court in the post, this will detail what was agreed - you must make payments on time to comply with the order or Accord will simply apply for another eviction notice. It's best to make payments a couple of days before the due date so it arrives with them on time and doesn't give them anything to complain about.

What date are your payments due?