Re: Park resort - holiday hell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I paid for my son his wife and my grandchildren to go to park resorts for a week.

on arrival they were told by other guests in archaic language reserved for the windrush era

where people of colour werent welcome as guests and had signs were painted on cards in windows

to make the residents of those unwelcoming home owners feelings clear.

My grandson was beated up and had water thrown in his face to "make his eyes straight"

the mattresses were hard the beds cold and the guests colder.

My family were forced to seek entertainment off site and incurred extra costs as a result,

they complained at the time each and every time.

Some staff responded some ignored what was happening.

My family left early and i wrote and complained within a couple of days.

I was offered £200 off of next years holiday which of course i declined

as i wouldnt want my family or myself to ever go back to face the abuse my family suffered again.

Can i make a claim and how do i do it please.

the company keep telling us to wait for forty days and then ask us to wait another 28 days

but i strongly believe that they are biding for time rather than genuinely asking us to wait,

Please help

Hi

I have move your post so you have your own thread as you will get better advice on your own thread.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

I have move your post so you have your own thread as you will get better advice on your own thread.

Thank you, that is much appreciated as I know little about how to use a forum,

I understand that theres a time limit if i want to go to court. the holiday ended on 11 August 2014. I dont know if the small claims route is difficult or not but if anyone can help I would be delighted and please can someone let me know if theres a governing body like ABTA or an Ombudsman who could help. I wrote to the CEO and it was through him I received the £200 off of a holiday offer. Is such an offer admission of fault do you think

Looking forward to hearing from you

Many thanks

Hi

I paid for my son his wife and my grandchildren to go to park resorts for a week.

on arrival they were told by other guests in archaic language reserved for the windrush era

where people of colour werent welcome as guests and had signs were painted on cards in windows

to make the residents of those unwelcoming home owners feelings clear.

My grandson was beated up and had water thrown in his face to "make his eyes straight"

the mattresses were hard the beds cold and the guests colder.

My family were forced to seek entertainment off site and incurred extra costs as a result,

they complained at the time each and every time.

Some staff responded some ignored what was happening.

My family left early and i wrote and complained within a couple of days.

I was offered £200 off of next years holiday which of course i declined

as i wouldnt want my family or myself to ever go back to face the abuse my family suffered again.

Can i make a claim and how do i do it please.

the company keep telling us to wait for forty days and then ask us to wait another 28 days

but i strongly believe that they are biding for time rather than genuinely asking us to wait,

Please help

I am so truly sorry to read about what your son & his family went through. It's absolutely disgusting that they were treated in this vile & unnecessary hurtful way!

I do hope your grandson is okay. It's unspeakable for what happened to him!

The Park Manager & the staff should be ashamed that they did not deal with your complaints!

I personally feel £200 of a holiday next year is an insult! You wouldn't want to go back, even if the Holiday was free, especially under the circumstances you describe.

Now I can't help you with regard to making a claim, there are other CAGers who will be able too. I can though give you Park Resorts Head Office address & phone number details.

I if this was me, would be making a Formal firmly worded complaint, describing exactly what went on & how you were let down by the staff. Do not hold back as this should never of happened.

Head Office

Park Resorts Ltd

Charter Court

Midland Road

Hemel Hempstead

Hertfordshire

HP2 5GE

Phone

01442 414 100

I do hope you & your family recover from this horrible experience & that Park Resorts compensates you for all the distress caused.

I wish you & your family happier times!

EDIT; I've just seen you wrote to the CEO & you had an offer. Refuse it & write back again, stating that £200 off a holiday is an insult, as you wouldn't go back even if they paid you too!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Hello, thank you for your reply and for the contact details. it was thoughtful of you. Its great to have some support.

I wrote back and informed them of why I rejected their offer and they said thats it, we wont offer anything else.

I read Park Resorts behaviour poilcy and it mentioned removing badly behaved guests off site. They obviously didnt apply this to the people who harrassed my family. My family were made to spend most of their time off site due to the things that were being said to them when on site and alongside the physical threat posed by other young people agaisnt my grandchildren meant my family spent lots of money seeking entertainment and respite elsewhere.

My family made a formal complaint on almost every occassion but received little response from most staff. They all came home early and the children came home doubting themselves and making excuses for other peoples diabolical racial unslaught agaisnt them.

The last email I received said they would offer nothing else. They then said wait for forty days and went silent. I replied with a letter sent by special recorded delivery to the CEO at the HQ saying I have spoken to trading standards, and to the race commission and said i would take them to small claims if I didnt hear back within seven days. That letter was sent a fortnight ago and I havent received a reply.

I looked at the court process but it looks complicated and wondered if their was an ombudsman of sorts who may be able to help instead.

Sorry if I didnt give enough information in my initial post.

thank you again

Oh dear just made my claim at court. I didnt need much encouragement did I.

Sightly scarey but following what i am reading and from what I watched on one of the videos on this site it seems that if we threaten to go to court we should. I have. if you have any advice please let me know

thank you

Oh dear just made my claim at court. I didnt need much encouragement did I.

Sightly scarey but following what i am reading and from what I watched on one of the videos on this site it seems that if we threaten to go to court we should. I have. if you have any advice please let me know

thank you

It can be quite scary if you have never taken any Court action before. But as you rightly say, if you threaten Court action after "so many days" then you should follow it through.

You have to mean business, as it were!

So I say good for you, it's time Park Resorts take responsibility for their guests, staff & non actions.

I have very little experience on Court matters, as I've only done 2 x setting aside procedures myself. But once I figured out the forms & got everything in order, it seemed easy enough for me & I won both the Setting Asides.

So I'm sure another CAGger will be along, to give you advice on your Court procedure.

I will hazard a guess though & say that you are doing a MCOL (money claim online) If yes then I have found the following for you, I do hope it helps, until someone else pops in.

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

I wish you the best of luck & hope your family are compensated for their horrible holiday & all the nasty, vile, behaviour that followed!

If you can, do let us know how you get on.

My very best wishes indeed!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Hello

Thank you for your support and encouragement. It is appreciated.

I will definately let you know how I get on.

I wrote an outline in the MCOL of what happened on the holiday in as breif a way as possible. I hope thats what I was supposed to do. I wondered if I should have outlined the offer I was made, but didnt have space to do so.

Fingers crossed Im as lucky as you have been and the claim doesn't result in having to attend court. However I am determined not to let this pass.

I believe my family were paying guests on private ground and Park Resorts as the hosts should have enforced their rules on guests who behave seriously badly towards other guests or towards their members of staff. Im hoping (prehaps in vane) that as a result of this action Park Resorts might reshape their behaviour policy and tighten up on staff training and respond appropriately when serious incidents occur.

My family aren't used to the treatment they were meted out. it was a shock to them and especially for the children. I had asked the company to at least send a small token of acknowledgement that the children had a miserable time while staying with them. Had they done this I may not have pressed on with the case. My grandchildren looked completely unhappy on return from the holiday and I thought that in the interests of customer service and preserving their reputation they would make a tiny gesture for the children in order to put their smiles back on their faces acknowledging that they were badly treated. They totally disregarded my request.

I guess the light at the end of the tunnel though is if the action cobtributes towards helping others to have a safe enjoyable holiday without concern.

thank you again

IIRC you can always add to the POC's later.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Oh dear, i logged in to look at the POC and my password and or username isnt being accepted and I know I have it entered it correctly as I wrote it down and copied it exactly. Will this mean i need to reregister