Unpaid Overtime

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Was just wondering if anyone can help me with this matter... From january this year im owed about 6 days worth of wages from the overtime I have not been paid for.. in a meeting on 3/11/14 I informed the line manager about this problem and he said he would look into it I have been paid recently on 13/11/14 and still not been paid for my overtime and was also underpaid. Today 01/12/14 I was asked to work overtime which I refused to work it and told him ive not been paid for the overtime from jan till now which he said he will ask someone else to do the overtime instead but didnt reply to me about my unpaid overtime... just wondering where to take it from here really because it seems they are not doing anything about it.

regards.

Write a letter to your manager.

List the dates you worked which you have not been paid for

List the under payment that also occurred.

State that you would like this resolved within 14 days and that should constitute a formal grievance.

Send it by post, and also keep proof of postage. Proof of delivery is good as well.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thank you for the reply.. I am not very good at writing letters so was just wondering if there is any templates on here for me to download and adjust or just copy and paste into a word document for me to print off. Thanks again.

Will follow up with regular updates on each proceedings

No templates exisit for this

Draft one here (without personal details) People can offer feedback

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

..Or perhaps

Dear Mr [NAME]

I have previously tried to resolve this matter more informally by speaking to [NAME] but unfortunately there has been no resolution.

I have completed overtime dating back to January this year and for which by my calculation I am still owed for six days work - a total of £[AMOUNT]

Furthermore, in my latest wage I have been underpaid the amount of £[AMOUNT]

I am still owed wages for work completed on [DATES] and am writing to record a formal grievance that this matter has still not been resolved despite previous assurances that it would be resolved, and that this has been further compounded by the underpayment in my latest pay.

I would ask that you contact me to discuss this as a matter of urgency and that I receive all amounts due to me within the next 14 days from the date of this letter.

Many Thanks

Yours sincerely

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

So who should I be writing this letter to because it was my line manager that I spoke to about it but nothing was done..

Sorry but just want to make sure I am doing it correctly and to the right person

take your big list of dates and times, and your pay slips showing that they do not match up.

make it easy to understand for them.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

• 3 weeks later...

Had meeting on 19th december they said the result of the outcome will be decided by peninsula. Today I received the following letter..

Note: In the meeting on 19th december I told them that the last underpayment had been sorted and that its just the underpaid overtime that needs correcting. I also offered my payslips with the dates on and times to prove to them I had not been paid but this was refused by stating they already had copys of them.

Can anyone kindly help me as to what steps I should now take? Thank you

57dca046-835b-4c04-a63c-54fe989d2bae_zps1c494010.png

Edited by sleezer

As far as I am concerned, they have to give you the time in leiu OR pay the underpayment

If you can prove you worked the overtime via clocking in and out records then you could do a tribunal claim for unlawful deductions of earnings OR issue a small claims (Which would be easier than tribunal)

BUT

Obviously there would be (unlawful) repurcussions from doing so.

You could appeal/

Hey Sabre where would you personally take it from here because I am at my wits with them its getting me stressed out not just this but other things such as work load they pile onto me is ridiculous and im expected to do it and also I have now just found out that they have been underpaying my actual wages only paying me £6.50 for driving job yet when I signed up for the job it is 35 hours a week £7.21 an hour

yuk

do you have proof of the contract where it said you would be paid £7.21

A claim would require you to substantiate it.

How would I proceed? Look for another job that doesnt want to rip you off quite so much :p

How long have u worked there and what does the amount of underpayment come to?