• Tweets

• Thank you all for your input so far. I have now received a letter back from my CPR 31.14 stating 'CPR 31.14 is not relevant to small claims matter, pursuant to cpr 27.2......we are under no obligation to disclose the documentation at this stage.' I assume this response is expected?   I have reworded my defence and made it more succinct, I'm not sure what else I could add?   1. Due to the sparseness of the particulars, it is unclear as to what legal basis the claim is brought, whether for breach of contract, contractual liability, or trespass. However, it is denied that the Defendant, or any driver of the vehicle, entered into any contractual agreement with the Claimant, whether express, implied, or by conduct.   2. It is admitted that the Defendant was the registered keeper of the vehicle in question. However, the defendant has no liability as they are the Keeper of the vehicle, and the Private Parking Company has failed to comply with the strict provisions of PoFA 2012 to hold anyone other than the driver liable for the charges.   3. Signage at the site is not sufficient. A sign is present on the left hand side of the entrance, away from the driver, and therefore cannot be easily read by the driver of a passing vehicle. On closer inspection this sign states ’Refer to the full Terms & Conditions signs located throughout the car park’. Signs are located so that information is often obscured by other parked cars and is difficult to read. These signs state ‘Entry to or use of this privately operated and managed car park is subject to the current terms and conditions of vehicle control services ltd. Motorists/persons utilising this car park hereby accept in full the terms and conditions.’ Therefore, the driver is deemed to have agreed to the terms and conditions by having entered the car park before knowing what those terms and conditions are. The elements of offer, acceptance and consideration both ways have therefore not been satisfied and so no contract can exist.   4. The claim contains a substantial charge additional to the parking charge which it is alleged the defendant contracted to pay, This additional charge is not recoverable under the protection of freedoms act 2012, Schedule 4 not with reference to the judgement in parking eye v Beavis. It is an abuse of process from the claimant to issue a knowingly inflated claim for an additional sum which it is not entitled to recover. This order has been made by the court of its own initiative without a hearing pursuant to CPR Rule 3.3(4) of the civil procedure rules 1998    In summary, it is the Defendant's position that the claim discloses no cause of action, is without merit, and has no real prospect of success. Accordingly, the Court is invited to strike out the claim of its own initiative, using its case management powers pursuant to CPR 3.4. 
    • On side note: I have notice that many people without the skills to argue their point, accuse others of being rude, racist, sexist, homophobic etc. I.E. Excuse me, i don't have a receipt for this refund, but i have my bank statement,  can i get a refund? -No, no receipt no refund - But your policy and the law says "proof of purchase" not "receipt " - You're rude/racist/homophobic, you must leave now or i call security.    I see this happening day in day out. Even kids do it, they're very quick at gaining a crowd's attention by shouting "racist/homophobic" so they can feel they've won the argument.  Sad.  
    • The advice is: make a complaint and get a refund. Then make another complaint about the inspectors attitude if you want, but changing the world is something that it's not going to happen, surely not for an excess fare. Inspectors are given discretion and unfortunately some of them take this as a sign of power over other people. It's impossible to sack all people who have a little position of power and employ more, hence the complaint system.  That's life and as .much as everyone of us want to improve it, it's an impossible task, so don't waste your time and brain on it. Just accept that there are things you can't change.  Get your refund, get your apology, then move on. That's my advice.
    • Hi.   I've removed part of the account number to keep this anonymous for you.   Have npower done what the ombudsman said?   HB
    • Read our customer service guide.   You've been here since 2012
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1725 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello Brighthouse rep,

Today I received email, spam email. The email advertises Brighthouse.

The email says it is sent from:

contact@toner-shop.ro via podcasall.advisoryideas.com

I have never been a customer of Brighthouse.

I do not ever intend in being a customer of Brighthouse.

I did not request that you send me your junk mail, neither did I give yourselves permission to send me junk mail.

It seems your junk email which I received is part of your email marketing campaign as it uses icptrack.com within the clickable links for Brighthouse.

Please will you review your email marketing campaign? And perhaps contact only those who have given yourselves permission to contact?

Thank you.

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

wonder when you will get an answer that is not along the lines of "We are sorry a clerical error occurred and the staff concerned will be retrained"

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

lol i wonder if i will get any answer

would be interesting to know where they found my email details and why they think that they can spam my inbox

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

Good morning veganite,

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the emails you are receiving.

If you could please email the customer relations department at customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk we would be able to remove your details from our mailing list to stop all marketing emails in the future.

Please put 'CAG ref 108091' in the subject for the email so it can be located without any difficulty.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

From your reply, I can see that you have a database and that the marketing email I have received is a result of my email being on your database.

I had thought that as you were using a third party company icptrack.com, then they had obtained my email from somewhere. However, you have confirmed in your reply that you use a database.

Please will you let me know where you obtained my email address from?

Please will you let me know when I have given yourselves permission to send me email?

As I have never been a Brighthouse customer I am perplexed as to where you have obtained my email and my permission for you to send me marketing emails.

Thank you.

Good morning Veganite,

It’s likely that the email that you’ve received is from a 3rd party - I can check this for you if you’d be kind enough to forward me the email to customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk with ref 108091.

We do not have access to 3rd party affiliate databases, but we’d be more than happy to arrange getting you removed from any further email distribution lists.

Again, I’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best wishes

Jason

Web Relations Team