• Tweets

• Which was your car? 1st Silver? Black? 2nd silver??
    • I did read the guide but the language on the court form threw me.   I’ll send it to the first address. Thanks
    • Fine. Have a quick think and decide whether you want to bring a small claim. If you do then it is worth spending a little bit of time looking through this forum and discovering the steps of how to bring a small claim in the County Court. You would have to start with a letter of claim which would give them 14 days to provide you with your refund or else you will start a small claim against them and without any further notice. Day 15 you issue the papers. Don't make the threat unless you are prepared to go ahead and carry it out. As I've already said, bringing a small claim is extremely easy and on the basis of what you say, your chances of success are much better than 95% – and in my view Halfords will put their hands up unless they really want to waste their money and their time. Does Halfords really want to spend their time and money losing a case in which they will have to draft the defence document, respond to various papers from the court, put you to the trouble of paying the hearing fee, instructing lawyers to go and attend at your local court which I believe is in the North west of England, losing their case, having to pay your £40 plus interest plus your court fee plus the hearing fee – and then suffer the indignity of having their name plastered even further all over this forum and over Twitter and Facebook and trust pilot. If this is what they want then they really don't value their reputation very highly.   I have sent the following response to Halfords  
    • The Highway Code says you must not enter unless your exit is clear*. The law doesn’t say the same, the offence is stopping on the box junction* It is possible to enter while your exit is clear, and then another car block you, you stop on the junction, and commit the offence* even though you complied with the Highway Code**   (or, even, breach the Highway Code by entering when your exit isn’t clear, but not commit the offence as long as you don’t actually stop, and your exit becomes clear in time!)     * = absent the defence of you wanting to turn right and the only thing preventing you doing so being oncoming traffic (/ other vehicles turning right)   ** = in which case you appeal, not on grounds of the contravention not occurring, as it did, but on the grounds that given you had made all efforts to comply, and another driver’s bad driving caused you to have to stop so as not to cause an accident, it isn’t in the public interest to pursue it.     Looking at the video : the silver car and black car that stopped in the right hand lane both committed the offence. The silver car in the left hand lane that had the black car pull in front of them from the right: a) may not have stopped at all. If it didn’t actually stop, no contravention ocurred! b) if it did actually come to a complete stop, rather than just slowing : Ask for a discretionary appeal on grounds that the exit was clear when they entered, and the only reason they stopped was another vehicle causing them to have to do so to avoid causing an accident.  
    • read the guide CCA goes to the claimant   dx  
  • Our picks

nigel1804

Lloyds PPI claim after going through Ombudsman

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1807 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi again everyone,

I wonder if someone could just clarify for me the PPi calculation. I have used all CAG site spraed sheets in every calculations to any bank. Now on this particular credit card the bank have been dragging their feet on payment to us. this is the first time I've had to go through the ombudsman and like in 98% of cases with Lloyds they have overturned the decision lloyds first made.

My spread sheet i've noticed is laid out as compound interest of 15.9% on my spread sheet that i did 18 months + ago. Now I know that the interest rate for a claim is normally 8% over the term from when the account was firdt started.

Can someone please just tell me which is the correct figure to use are lloyds trying it on again with me thinking that they may get me to accept the first re offer or do i go for the figure of 15.9% as per CAG compound interest and if so why and what do i say to Lloyds if it is the 15.9% figure I use.

regards

Nigel1804

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.

Hi Bankfodder how you doing?

The PPI amounts would have been included in the outstanding balance that you paid interest on.

You could argue that you paid interest on the cumulative PPI payments.

You would also be entitled to add 8% interest on top of whatever you claim

LTSB are probably getting away lightly.

Given the way that LTSB are acting in (and happily paying fines for), it has crossed my mind that many of their actions are as much to do with cash flow management as anything else

Many thanks 2grumpy .I was trying to establish why my compound interest spread sheet from CAG had worked it out with a 15.9% figure on it anyone know why it is before i reply to LTSB and loose out.....