Google Nexus 10 - Fourth and counting ***Resolved***

5aq1b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a Nexus 10 two years ago this December and I am now on my fourth device.

The 2 year warranty is almost up and

I have developed another fault with the one they sent me 3 days ago (Headphone jack isn't working).

Previous issues have been intermittent wifi drop outs, and slow charging.

This is becoming a bit of a joke now.

It's got to the point where I've not really used my device extensively and hence haven't had anything stored on the device

because of the constant wipes and reset to factory settings etc.

The first 2 replacements were brand new however the latest one was a refurb.

I'm not really sure if I have any ground to stand on here?

I need to call them tomorrow or Monday but can I demand a brand new device from them this time instead of a refurb

and just hope for the best after the warranty expires?

sri you've been missed

its NOTHING to do with any warranty

and its expiry or not

that's in ADDITION to your statutory rights under SOGA

the sale of goods act is your friend.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes - don't worry about the warranty. It doesn't affect your statutory rights. However, before continuing, it would be useful to know more about the faults you have experienced with all of them.

I am sorry you have had such a poor time with these. I suppose that it won't make you feel better to know that I have one as well and I am very happy with it.

You say that it is slow to charge. Are you charging through the USB port? If you are, then yes - it is slow. You need to charge through the pogo port which is much faster although you need to buy a pogo cable. This slow USB charging doesn't seem to be documented by Google which is a serious omission by them.

Also what is the OS of your latest Nexus? Is it KitKat or Lolipop? Of it is KitKat, then do not upgrade to Lolipop. The new version 5.0 of Android is flawed and it won't make you feel any better about your Nexus 10. When I upgraded to 5.0 the headphone sound stopped and I had to wipe the cache to get it going again. It also caused lots of wifi connection problems. I shall be reverting to KitKat soon.

Let us know what all the problems are and we'll suggest a way forward.

Yes - don't worry about the warranty. It doesn't affect your statutory rights. However, before continuing, it would be useful to know more about the faults you have experienced with all of them.

I am sorry you have had such a poor time with these. I suppose that it won't make you feel better to know that I have one as well and I am very happy with it.

You say that it is slow to charge. Are you charging through the USB port? If you are, then yes - it is slow. You need to charge through the pogo port which is much faster although you need to buy a pogo cable. This slow USB charging doesn't seem to be documented by Google which is a serious omission by them.

Also what is the OS of your latest Nexus? Is it KitKat or Lolipop? Of it is KitKat, then do not upgrade to Lolipop. The new version 5.0 of Android is flawed and it won't make you feel any better about your Nexus 10. When I upgraded to 5.0 the headphone sound stopped and I had to wipe the cache to get it going again. It also caused lots of wifi connection problems. I shall be reverting to KitKat soon.

Let us know what all the problems are and we'll suggest a way forward.

Thanks mate. I should have checked here before phoning Google this morning. They have arranged for another replacement (refurb) to be sent out but I haven't went through with the process yet.

So my latest Nexus which I have in my hand came from Google last week with KitKat on it. I upgraded to Lollipop and didn't notice any problems other than the headphone jack not working, however I'm not sure if that was down to the firmware upgrade or not.

Yes I am charging from mains using the USB port. I wasn't aware you could charge using that other port lol.

I have seen reports of slowdown and lag after upgrading to Lollipop however the only thing I experienced was no headphone sound.

How did you pay for it?

Was purchased using debit card from the Google website.

If the new one arrives with Lolipop then you should install Kitkat over it. Lolipop is flawed and your experience bears this out.

Here is an ebay link to a Nexus 10 pogo cable. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nexus-10-POGO-Magnetic-Charging-Cable-Adapter-Faster-than-Micro-USB-/261681096194?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccesories_MobilePhoneDataCables_JN&hash=item3ced68a602 £15 is a very good price with free postage. I paid almost double that for mine a couple of years ago.

It will solve all of your charging problems.

The headphone jack problem is typical of the Android 5.0 upgrade. You can get it working again - in 5.0 by going into recovery mode - power button plus up and down vol at the same time. Find your way to recovery and wipe the cache. this should restore the headphone function.

However, wifi problems will have to wait until Google release 5.XX of android.

Do you visit the XDA developers forum? This is the best place for all things Android and you will find discussions there on every problem you might ever experience and all of the solutions as well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-10 - is a link to the Nexus 10 subforum.

From the sounds of it, there is not a lot wrong with your tablet. Google have never documented the slow USB charging problem and I suppose that a lot of people don't know about the pogo charger and its advantages. If I were you, I would get 2 of them - in fact I bought three. They are scarce - but here is another - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnector-Nexus-10-POGO-Magnetic-Charging-Cable-Adapter-Faster-than-Micro-USB-/221578995303?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Chargers_Sync_Cables&hash=item3397232667

As DX states the following applies, don't speak to them over the phone, send the amended tempate, Recorded Delivery, you've been too understanding regards the products failure:-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

Thank you I'll explore this avenue.

If the new one arrives with Lolipop then you should install Kitkat over it. Lolipop is flawed and your experience bears this out.

Here is an ebay link to a Nexus 10 pogo cable. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nexus-10-POGO-Magnetic-Charging-Cable-Adapter-Faster-than-Micro-USB-/261681096194?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccesories_MobilePhoneDataCables_JN&hash=item3ced68a602 £15 is a very good price with free postage. I paid almost double that for mine a couple of years ago.

It will solve all of your charging problems.

The headphone jack problem is typical of the Android 5.0 upgrade. You can get it working again - in 5.0 by going into recovery mode - power button plus up and down vol at the same time. Find your way to recovery and wipe the cache. this should restore the headphone function.

However, wifi problems will have to wait until Google release 5.XX of android.

Do you visit the XDA developers forum? This is the best place for all things Android and you will find discussions there on every problem you might ever experience and all of the solutions as well. http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-10 - is a link to the Nexus 10 subforum.

From the sounds of it, there is not a lot wrong with your tablet. Google have never documented the slow USB charging problem and I suppose that a lot of people don't know about the pogo charger and its advantages. If I were you, I would get 2 of them - in fact I bought three. They are scarce - but here is another - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnector-Nexus-10-POGO-Magnetic-Charging-Cable-Adapter-Faster-than-Micro-USB-/221578995303?pt=US_Tablet_eReader_Chargers_Sync_Cables&hash=item3397232667

Great reply & many thanks again. I'll look into purchasing the cables too.

Just to let you know, I booted into recovery and wiped the cache, and devlik cache however this made no difference to the headphone issue. I also downgraded to KitKat and again, didn't fix the headphones :(

I have now upgraded back to Lollipop. Headphone issue remains.

I see that there is no a new Lolipop update - 5.01

I don't know what difference it makes. Best to check with XDA forum before moving on from KitKat

I see that there is no a new Lolipop update - 5.01

I don't know what difference it makes. Best to check with XDA forum before moving on from KitKat

So after arguing with them over the phone I got a brand new Nexus from them. It came with Android 4.2 however I've just updated to 5.0.1. Everything seems OK so far *touch wood*.