Catalogues fashion world credit charges & fee's

Vanguard63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i am brand new to this forum,

i have a question,

i began purchasing goods from fashion world about 3yrs ago, also Littlewoods & very.co.uk,

however i have noticed that my minimum payments seem to be going up, yet i pay regular

upon looking close, there are so many credit charges that vary and late fees of £12,

no wonder it keeps rocketing have i entered into a written agreement with them,

i found this on fashion worlds website

If we enter a credit agreement with you, we will also supply details of your agreement with us to the credit reference agencies,

as well as ongoing details of your account and how you manage it.

If you do not repay on time or in full, we will tell the credit reference agencies who will record details of the debt.

All this information will be seen by other organisations carrying out later searches.

Information held about you by the credit reference agencies may already be linked to records relating to those with whom you are financially linked.

For the purposes of credit searching you may be treated as financially linked

and you will be assessed with reference to any 'associated' records.

We may make periodic searches of our records, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to manage your account with us,

to take decisions regarding credit, including whether to make credit available or to continue to extend existing credit.

These searches will not be available to other lenders for credit assessment purposes.

You will have the right to access your personal records held by credit and fraud agencies.

We will supply their name and addresses upon request to Data Protection Compliance Officer at Griffin House, 40 Lever Street, Manchester M60 6ES.

We, the credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies may also use the records for statistical analysis about credit, insurance and fraud

It starts by saying IF we enter into a credit agreement, does that mean i have or not?

i have not put my signature to anything so far from any catalogue,

sorry but i don't understand whether i am in or out and it worries me,

can they charge these ridiculous charges all the time?

Edited by dx100uk
spaced block of text

the £12 charges are reclaimable at their int rate

as for the agreement

your first order serves as the CCA

esp if post apr 2007

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well so far on fashion world since July this year i have had 3 admin charges of £12 each and six credit charges ranging from £4:50 to £17:00 what can i do about them, no wonder these people make a fortune, any idea's?

Thank you for your input by the way

you can ONLY reclaim the penalty [£12 fixed sum] fee

pop them all in this spreadsheet

put their APR in cell d 15

This second spreadsheet is a compound interest calculator and can be used both for PPI claims and Charges Reclaims on Revolving Credit Accounts such as credit cards. Compound interest is not an award that foslink3.gif will give in respect of PPI claims but it can be used in PPI cases that are pursued through the courts. It is the standard sheet that is also used for charges reclaims both on credit cards and loan accounts where interest in restitutionlink3.gif is claimed.

CISheet v101.xls

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your help i got the spreadsheet and i am now fishing out all my admin fees from 2007 onwards from fashion world, littlewoods & very.co.uk, some statements are missing, but i do still have quite a few left which were buried in my loft somewhere which i never thought i would need, when i see just how much these people make off credit charges, admin charges & late fees, i am shocked, they always seem to come up with a fee for something, so a minimum monthly payment can be a basic £30, but when all the fees and credit charges are put on it ends up being £76 which is ridiculous, anyway, once again thank you for your input.

• 2 months later...

Hi it seems crazy the amount of charges they lump on to me at the moment,

its increasingly difficult to keep them at bay for example, here is a copy from the Very catalogue

02 Mar 2015 Debt Collection Letter Fee £12.00 -

07 Mar 2015 Missed Minimum Payment Fee £12.00 -

07 Mar 2015 Account Interest £13.68

i owe them £164 in one payment

£115 are arrears,

their version of helping you is to place further fee's putting you deeper in debt,

until there are more money going out in fee's than the payment for the product you were paying for in the first place,

and all they quote to me is the consumer act or something from 1974.

my question is,

by what authority or law could i ask these company's to give me copie's of all my catalogue statements since i began with them,

as i need them to calculate the fee's in order to claim them back,

i have enclose an attachment of from who & what they keep sending me by letter.

tell me what u think?:?:

They know those charges are unlawful penalty fees. However they won't stop levying them due to their greed. So call their bluff, get a full complaint in and get reclaiming

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

you send them an SAR

dx

and they