Moorcroft want I+E for old Lloyds OD 'debt'

drob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Moorcroft contacted me 3 months ago regarding an old Lloyds TSB account I had which had an outstanding overdraft that I owed.

I am currently unemployed and receiving Jobseekers so I have very little disposable income. I made an offer of £1 per month, which Moorcroft accepted. I had a letter from Moorcroft this morning asking for a detailed income & expenditure statement.

I have already made 3 payments of £1, why are they now asking for an I&E statement? They can go and whistle as they are lucky they are getting £1 per month.

No obligation to send Morecrap an I&E form. Is interest still being added? Why are they involved?? Have you had annual statements??

The debt was for going into an unauthorised overdraft. I disputed the charges until blue in the face and even made a complaint to the F.O.S who ruled in favour of the bank ....

Lloyds TSB have passed the account to Moorcrap for collection and no interest is being added to the outstanding balance.

It is standard practice to send an I&E as it reaffirms that the offer is a pound is a fair and reasonable one. The whole notion of not sending one is pretty daft. Any debt advice organisation worth their salt will tell you to send one. It isn't obligatory of course, but not sending one can sometimes cause further grief that could have been avoided.

It is standard practice to send an I&E as it reaffirms that the offer is a pound is a fair and reasonable one. The whole notion of not sending one is pretty daft. Any debt advice organisation worth their salt will tell you to send one. It isn't obligatory of course, but not sending one can sometimes cause further grief that could have been avoided.

They should have sent an I&E request before accepting my offer of £1 per month (reviewed after 5 months) rather than sending it after receiving my 3rd payment.

Moorcroft accepted my offer so I will not be filling completing an I&E statement.

Would agree with you drob.

I personally would not be paying Morecrap but would pay the bank direct - then it is going to the OC.

The bank closed my account and now Lloyds TSB insist that I pay Moorcroft...

Who actually owns this debt? You should never pay a dca without checking the validity of the debt. Especially with a bottom feeder such as moorcrap.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Who actually owns this debt? You should never pay a dca without checking the validity of the debt. Especially with a bottom feeder such as moorcrap.

I presume Lloyds TSB own the debt as they are still recording data to the CRA's and I have not received any notices of assignment.

Then tell moorcrap to sod off and pay lloyds direct. They cannot refuse to accept a payment towards the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

They should have sent an I&E request before accepting my offer of £1 per month (reviewed after 5 months) rather than sending it after receiving my 3rd payment.

Moorcroft accepted my offer so I will not be filling completing an I&E statement.

It's perfectly the norm to request an I&E form every few months or so. The general rule is six monthly. I do agree, however, agree that this should have all be done at the start.