• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Brighthouse not complying with "stop" sms text messages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Finally got sick of the "best day to pay" messages

sent the "stop" message which is given in the text message.

This was done last weekend

today, low and behold, another message comes through!

I will be making a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office regarding the fact they have breached the request to stop messages.

I've attached the screenshots of the stop request and message received in breach of the request.

Will be interesting to see what Brighthouse say about this as it's a complaint they won't be able to handle, only respond to as the ICO will be involved.

Brighthouse reps ... attempt to defend this breach!

Arh Hyperjase, welcome back :) Hows the claim going?

Are you still paying them?

I suspect this is an automated message if you dont have a DD setup or CPA. However youre right that they shouldnt be constantly spamming as you it shows. How about getting your mobile number removed from their system.

Complain to Ofcom about the SMS aswell.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Arh Hyperjase, welcome back :) Hows the claim going?

Are you still paying them?

I suspect this is an automated message if you dont have a DD setup or CPA. However youre right that they shouldnt be constantly spamming as you it shows. How about getting your mobile number removed from their system.

The claim is proceeding slowly but surely I'll keep you updated.

Regardless of it being automated I requested it be stopped through the process they request, which hasn't been complied with. I know I could make this simple by requesting the number be removed but why should I when they'd never go out their way for me?

Good Afternoon Hyperjase,

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for the text messages still being sent after the 'stop' reply was sent to the requested number.

I will happily add your details to our suppressions list and check the boxes on your account to withdraw all contact if you are happy for me to do so.

In order for me to do this, could you please contact the customer relations team with your account details and the phone number the text messages are being sent to.

Please email [email protected] or call 0800 526069 and the team will be more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

Jason

Web Relations

I'm going to make this clear right from the start of this post:

If it looks like I'm being pedantic then that's fine. Brighthouse have not been bothered to deal with my complaint regarding charges and mis-sold and forced insurances. Therefore I will be doing NOTHING whatsoever further with regards to this matter in relation to having to waste time contacting customer services. The process was completed as requested in the message, if your system doesn't work, that's fine and that isn't my problem. A message was sent to stop the harassing messages, which has not stopped; therefore I am making a complaint to the bodies that regulate this, and I truly hope they slap you with a hefty fine for breaching customers' requests. I can imagine this won't happen but I will NOT be emailing or calling as I have followed your process as requested.

Letters of formal complaint have been sent today.

Good Morning hyperjase,

Again, I would like to apologise these messages are still coming through.

As requested before, please contact the customer relations team with the number the messages are being sent to so we can resolve the issue.

There are a few different ways the customer relations team can be contacted. You can call 0800 526069 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, please write to:

BrightHouse

5 Hercules Way

Leavesden Park

Watford

WD25 7GS

The issue with the 'STOP' response has previously been passed on to the correct department and I will let them know the problem has not been rectified.

Kind regards

Jason

Web Relations

I'd rather let the ICO handle this issue. It'll cost Brighthouse that way. I followed your procedure as requested in the message. It didn't stop the messages and I have given my damning evidence proving that you have breached my rights to stop this type of contact from you.

But then again if the message goes to the specific branch then this is the same branch who failed to remove OSC despite the fact the manager signed the removal form (seems to follow a pattern here....)

I had a similar problem with Brighthouse a couple of years ago when they were phoning my mobile 6 times a day trying to get me to take on a new agreement. I work in retail and am not allowed my mobile phone on the shop floor with me so I ended up with lots of missed calls. When I finally managed to answer a call it was a Brighthouse call centre who would not take no for an answer.

When I called my local store to make a payment I asked them to remove my mobile number from their database which they did. Never had any problems since.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

When you sign up to brighthouse use a free sim you can get easily online. Give them that number until you have you overpriced goods then throw the sim away. They can call and text as much as they like then.

My question is, I've responded to the message, with the exact message they require to the number they state, someone just isn't doing their job! I don't see why I should contact Brighthouse customer services, I won't waste my time because I've followed the process they give.

Jason; I'd like to point out that this is nothing personal, I have never met you or do not know you, (I feel it's a shame you work for such an underhand, downright loan-shark type company) but you must understand that Brighthouse have never made my life easy, applying charges which are deemed unfair (and on a regular basis), forcing insurance which inflates your already disgusting prices, then when I ask for a refund, I get NO reply. I have no intention of helping Brighthouse with anything, only to accept the £2500 I'm owed. If the stop messages don't stop the texts, that's fine, it doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is you make us play by the rules. And it's time Brighthouse did, and answer for their utter failures.

#rantover

Good Afternoon hyperjase,

I have contacted the IT department at head office and requested that you no longer receive the best day to pay text messages.

I will confirm with you when I have received the reply stating all text messages have been stopped.

I would like to apologise for the time taken to resolve this issue and thank you for your patience.

Many Thanks

Jason

Web Relations

STILL receiving messages. Do not bother replying Jason, a Section 10 Notice has been sent out by Recorded Delivery as legal advice taken requires this to be the next step; failure to adhere to this WILL result in further action being taken by the ICO (that they have confirmed) and myself, for damages relating to the Data Protection Act.

Good Afternoon Hyperjase,

I would like to apologise once more for the text messages you have been receiving.

I am just confirming that I have been in touch with the IT department as well as the marketing team and they have confirmed your number has been taken off any lists we may have.

You should not have any more text messages or calls coming through to the number that is currently on your account.

Many thanks

Jason

Web Relations