Secured Loans and the CCA1974

MW2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think loans under £25,000 are.. But I will check for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It would appear that from 6th April 2008, loans over £25,000 are now covered by the Consumer Credit Act 2006. Unless they are exempt for either of the following reasons.

the debtor has a high net worth; or

it is a business loan exceeding £25,000

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ah right :)

BCOBS

I am fairly sure that the statement regs will be applicable to those agreements which come into regulation due to th raising of te financial limit, at least for th statements issued after 2008

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 3 weeks later...
I've had a secured loan for over 6 years now and never had 1 statement

You should have received at least one statement every year.

BCOBS

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/14/contents

My understanding is....

Consumer credit statements: required information

Required statement

Section 6 of the Consumer Credit Act 2006 inserts a new section (s77A) whereby a statement must be provided if the agreement is a fixed sum credit agreement under section 77A. The statement should explain the money borrowed, money paid, interest in all cases and the outstanding amount.

Particulars

The creditor under a regulated agreement for fixed sum credit:

shall (with in the period of one year beginning with the day after the day on which the agreement is made), give the debtor a statement under this section; and

after the giving of that statement, shall give the debtor further statements under this section at intervals of not more than one year.

Failure to provide the statement

If the creditor fails to give the debtor an annual statement, then he is not entitled to enforce the agreement during the period of his noncompliance and the debtor is not liable to pay any interest during this period.

The debtor is also not liable to pay any default sum that would have become payable during the period of non-compliance or would have become payable after the end of that period in connection with a breach of the agreement occurring during that period. However a creditor will not be required to give the debtor an annual statement if there is no further sums payable under the agreement.

Further provisions relating to running account credit agreements

Section 7 of CCA 2006 inserts a new section (78(4A) of the 1974 Act) which requires creditors to issue further statements to debtors setting out specified information in respect of running account credit agreements.

The statements must be provided at intervals of not more than 12 months. Creditors may further be required to include specified information about the consequence of failing to make repayments, or only making minimum repayments.

BCOBS

Would this apply to loans over £25000 which where taken out prior to 2008. We took out a secured loan in April 2007 for over £25000 and have never received a statementK

es as long as it is a second charge, the requirement would kick in in october 2008.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

So i should of received a statement on this loan even though its for over the 25000? So in effect the company my loan is with are in as much trouble as tesco?

certainly this was the scenario with Northern Rock

• 3 weeks later...

Nearly a week ago i sent the letter does somebody have an address it should go to for webb resolutions please to make sure i sent it to the correct place.

Did you obtain proof of posting or send it via a tracked method ?

BCOBS

No but i will do with the next one,if they dont reply what would be my next step?

Well I don't think a week is sufficient time for them to respond (especially just after a Bank Holiday as the RM will be catching up with post) so give it a few more days and if you don't receive a response, send a follow up letter but send it tracked so you know it has been received.

BCOBS

No reply so another letter going off,but looking on the internet for an address a company called Lapithus pops up claiming to be working on behalf of webb resolutions so im assuming i contact them.

Just phoned laithus and they have nothing on their system regarding picture loan customers? and nothing in my name? If idem was servicing the loan would they direct debit be in their name as it still shows as webb resolutions?