• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Parking Eye taking me to court - ***PE Dropped Case Before Hearing***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no, you are not screwed, they have to prove that you read and accepted their contract so if you didnt get out of the car then you cant have entered a contract as you didnt stay. If you dont accept a unilateral contract there is no breach. Any claim to the contrary makes it an unfair contract in the first place a bit like saying "if you read this notice you owe me £100"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, you are not screwed, they have to prove that you read and accepted their contract so if you didnt get out of the car then you cant have entered a contract as you didnt stay. If you dont accept a unilateral contract there is no breach. Any claim to the contrary makes it an unfair contract in the first place a bit like saying "if you read this notice you owe me £100"

So it is difficult for ParkingEye to prove breach of content if the pursued knows how to answer their claim.

So it is difficult for ParkingEye to prove breach of content if the pursued knows how to answer their claim.

Almost impossible I'd say. Once you know the system, and if you're prepared to play, they've had it.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

oh definitely "prepared to play" LOL......just want to play a game I know that i can win! Well im sending off my request today, to have it struck out as they havent supplied either the proof of their right to act on behalf of H/Inn, OR the footage I asked for. hope Im doing the right thing.

Never give up, it just means that you'll have to beat them in court instead. It's not as hard as ParkingLie would have you believe from the 'cases' they post on their website.

9 times out of 10, a properly defended case will beat them without too much of a problem.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

thanks dragonfly........I intend to battle it to the last in court, but whether I what you would actually call "properly defending it" I have no idea, so I hope that my naievity doesn't

lose the case for me

thanks erics brother. cheaper than £155 as well:smile: this is own witness statement that im about to send to court and claimant pre court appearance..... have i included all the relevant legalese I need? Don't want this to go wrong!

I arrived at the car park of the Holiday Inn, Taunton on August 15th 2014 at approximately 06.55 to collect my friend Miss B....,and her dog.

I sat in my vehicle registration number xxxxxx while she put her dog in the vehicle and then we left immediately.

Neither of us noted any signs saying we could not do this.

We spent the day travelling in the vehicle xxxxxto Wales (see toll crossing voucher enclosed page 6) where we exhibited at Welsh kennel Club Show (see evidence of our attendance on pages 2 and 3) and the vehicle xxxxxx was in Wales all day until approx 19.40 when I dropped my friend miss x back at the carpark for her partner to collect her again.

The vehicle was not left or unattended for any period of time, as alleged by the claimant.

I have requested evidence of the allegation from the claimant(see page 1 and 1a) but none was received.

I believe the facts stated in this witness statement are true

Edited by sam clark

You could use the wording "strict proof" for evidence and PE will know what level of evidence they are supposed to have provided. The courts will apply a higher threshold of proof and PE will look stupid.

Also, do they mention the Beavis case in their evidence? If so make sure that you bring that up as being under appeal and PE not mentioning that is something their lawyers can lose their registration for.

well, their evidence bundle has arrived so it looks like it really is going to court. have to say im surprised! there's nearly 100 pages of waffle, photos of carparks etc (not with me in it i hasten to add!) and also a copy of parking eye v Beavis and Wardley. so you were right about that ericsbrother plus pages of a court case parkingeye v somerfield stores.....bit odd that one, plus Pages of a copy of an appeal from the upper tribunal (tax and chancery dept).....again I have no idea what that is about? any one else had all this in an evidence bundle? beginning to wish id just paid it now instead of listening to all those people who told me not to as they would never take it to court for a mere £100 :( :(

Edited by sam clark

PE v Beavis I believe hasn't been ruled on yet, so that won't be relevant. PE v Somerfield isn't anything related to parking itself, it's when PE sued Somerfield for terminating their contract I believe. I'm sure any sensible County Court Judge will take one look at that pile and drop it straight into the bin.

Have PE actually provided any proof that you were ever there at all?

No judge in his right mind would rule that someone can't drive onto the site of a hotel to pick up and drop off passengers without having to buy a parking ticket? What about taxi drivers? I'm sure they don't get booked for £100 a time...

Don't be tempted to cave in and pay up now. This is how their scheme works, they're bombarding you with irrelevant legal paperwork trying to frighten you into paying up and it's having the desired effect since it's gotten you wavering. You have a cast iron defence in the form of the witness statement that categorically states that you weren't there all day. That alone will sink any claim they might have.

Stay strong.

Also use the Genuine Pre estimate of loss argument.

Its a penalty and therefore unenforceable in law.

Look to toehr won threads here and also parking prankster for aid with your witness statement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

So if ParkingLie have included the Beavis case in their 'evidence', have they also pointed out that it's subject to, and awaiting a ruling from the court of appeal?

If they haven't, that's more than enough, all on its own, to dump their solicitor into very hot water indeed.

Make sure that the judge is made aware that PE are continuing to abuse the process by quoting PEv Beavis when they know very well that it is still the subject of a higher court appeal. As said, that could get their solicitor sent down for contempt so make sure it is the first thing you raise, if possible before anyone from PE opens their mouths.

• 3 weeks later...

id like to thank each and every one of you who took time out to post on here and offer help. Today , just 5 days before the court date, I had a letter saying that parking eye now consider the matter closed. the court date is cancelled.:jaw: I AM surprised as i really thought id be seeing them in court next week, but goes to show all their tactics are based on intimidating people, and that if you stand up to them then the will back down. Im now going to look into getting back my costs for all the postage and printing ive had to do, and hours ive put to it, but i wont hold my breath!

Make sure you get it from the court that the case is discontinued

It could be a trick to try and get a judgement in your absence

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Let us know what the court says

This, 100%

Some parking companies have been known to try and dissuade people from attending by contacting the defendant and telling them that they've discontinued the case. They then turn up to court, persuade the judge that the other person couldn't be bothered to show up and getting a default judgement. These underhanded tactics are just about the only way they can win a case.

The fact that Parking Lie have written to you instead of telephoning means that they're probably not trying to trick you, but still call the court anyway just to check. If they haven't received any notice of discontinuance by the day before the hearing was due to take place, it may be worth going along anyway, with the letter from PE in hand to show the judge. He'd rightly tear them a new orifice for trying something like that

Good result though, glad you stuck to your guns.

Tear them a new one, and also probably award your costs. Which would of course cost ParkingLie even more money laugh.png

As others have said, check with, and until you hear it from the court, be prepared to show up at court at the appointed time.