Sar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Who should I send a SAR to, the mortgage providers or the DCA who are chasing the debt? (repossession shortfall and charges) I've already written to the DCA on behalf of a family member, offering £100 per month (at his request) they won't accept this because I wouldn't provide them with I/E details. I'm a bit late to the table with help so don't know what's went on before (hence the SAR)

Thanks

scotgal 

Thread moved to the correct forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It was a joint mortgage, the house was repossessed - the loan was about 82k and they sold it for about 40k they're persuing him alone for 56k - I wanted a SAR to find out exactly how much it was bought/sold and any added charges. When I got the info my next plan was to come back here and ask for advice Ford

scotgal 

• 2 months later...

Hi Ford, I have received all the stuff back from the mortgage lender - and a letter from the DCA asking what my intentions are... any advice?there is no sale receipt as such but there is an entry on the transactions stating 'possession credit' to close account of 58,943.93 and another credit of 41,574.20 redemption payment and redemption write off 16.48I am not sure how to proceed. there are a ton of charges added on to the account. thanks.

scotgal 

I don't know what initial capital means - the loan was for £87,400, the purchase price was £92,000

The mortgage lenders have said they are not obliged to supply details of and I quote..details of agents responsible for marketing/selling the property, copies of valuations, the selling agents report, and report to support the decision to auction the priority, details of charges and fees and details of handling and marketing the sale of the property, so basically nothing I specifically asked for

scotgal 

soz, meant the 82 mentioned in #5.

the 42 being the shortfall which has now increased to 56?

if any thing is classed as data as defined then it shld be produced under a sar, unless there is a proper reason for not. have a look at the ICO website.

That 82k was a guesstimate - 87,400 was the actual loan amount. I'll have a look. The person who I'm acting for offered to pay £100 a month but tthr DCA won't accept it without an I/E sheet, which I refused to provide. I'll look at the ICO website, thanks Ford

scotgal 

eg https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/subject-access-request/

if something is personal data, and not produced, could consider a complaint to creditor and/or the ico.

if friend wants to pay something /mth, just start paying what can afford. they can (and usually wld do) accept payments without sight of an IE.

for friends/your eyes only for now, can do a common IE eg one from the cab/nat debtline, see what can afford. if creditor persists tell them have done one which shows can afford x/mth, as per the payments.

in the meantime look at claiming anything back that can be.

when was there a last payment since they called it in?

• 2 months later...

Sorry Ford, been waylaid.

I didn't get any of the stuff as it is covered by some other data protection..

There wasn't any PPI or insurance with the mortgage,

the only thing I see is interest.

The last payment was made 2012.

I sent off a basic expenditure which I found online,

it left £120 after all bills,

they've either not received it or chosen to ignore it

and have sent a detailed one of their own,

they're asking for a wage slip to verify income.

. Is that necessary?

scotgal 