Claimant Commitment

OldUserNewName
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I went and signed on yesterday and had an appointment made for me to see an advisor as I needed to change from a jobseekers agreement to a claimant commitment and that I needed to allow them access to my universal jobmatch account as well as a my work plan booklet, I think that is what it was called.

I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety by my doctor but they are reluctant to sign me off, so am I able to mention this next week and will it make any difference. I suffer severe anxiety in new situations and have to even take someone with me when I sign on as I see a different person every time and I get extremely anxious about that.

Not heard about any of these things so just looking for some advice.

Thanks

Hello Nicola and welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of your predicament.

If you browse through the Claimant Commitment thread that I have been running and just this minute updated you may find it of some use to you.

I don't think a work coach will take into account any condition that you may be suffering from. To them you will be a JSA claimant and it is not for them to transfer you onto any other benefit if your doctor isn't prepared to act on your behalf.

Hi Nicola and welcome too.

As well as Lapsed Workaholics thread, there's also one I did too when I had my CC interview a few weeks ago. Here's the link;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?434104-Claimant-Commitment-Agreement-for-everyone-now

If you're not happy going alone, make sure you take someone with you who will stand up to the adviser on your behalf because the CC is a negotiated agreement; you do not have to just sit and accept whatever the adviser wants to put on it. I argued my own CC and showed the adviser I was already doing lots to find work so I ended up with almost nothing extra on my CC. You really do need to negotiate this agreement and make sure it's reasonable and tailored to you.

As for them wanting access to your UJ account, it's your right to refuse access. They know it full well as it's in their own guidance and they've been told by their own PCS Union they cannot make people give access. If the adviser even mentions you 'having to' again, report them immediately for violating the guidelines. Hopefully once the advisor realises you know the rules, they'll drop it as they know they're in the wrong. You can always show screenprints to prove you've looked at the UJ site, etc but you do not have to allow them access.