• Tweets

• Now some at this stage might think I'm leading to doggerland as the site of Atlantis   https://www.winterwatch.net/2019/01/did-the-inspiration-for-atlantis-flood-and-ark-legends-stem-from-paleo-doggerland/           but for a number of reasons, I'm not ... although I think it is a part of the larger story,   Its a little late. I believe the final inundation of doggerland is part of the later Biblical flood and related myths. (Black Sea, Arabian Gulf, West coast of India etc) ... but worthy of mention is that it could effectively make up one of three 'larger' islands as detailed in the legends far better than the Azores does. ... and mammoths/elephants crossed that bridge - although carefully check the dates of those mammoth/elephant migration evidence. They seem to end 11000bp.           http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/20150722-lost-beasts-of-the-ice-age   http://www.canada.com/technology/Massive+Canadian+melt+have+triggered+flood+biblical+proportions/3954124/story.html   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outburst_flood   http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/flood-myths.html#Sproul    
    • Hi.   Someone reported that your pg1 still had the reg number showing, so I've removed it and left pg2.   HB
    • Yes because you have not entered into an agreement with the claimant...nor do they state you ever did.   2.The loan was funded by Ferratum Uk Ltd.
    • Hi DX   Thank you for that.   No house move    Doh ... I know what a PAP LOC is now (apologies for being slow !)   I have had a tinker and found another defence example which I have taken account of.    How does the following now look ?  (bit lengthy apologies in advance !) **********************************                                                                           Particulars Of Claim 1.The claimant claims this amount in respect of an unpaid loan, regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The loan was funded by Ferratum UK Ltd.   2.The Defendant has failed to make payments in accordance with the terms of the credit agreement. The credit agreement was assigned to the Claimant upon which a Notice of Assignment was sent to the Defendant.    3.The Defendant has either failed to respond to the Claimant or has failed to maintain regular payments.   4.The Claimant has issued a Letter of Claim, providing the Defendant with a further opportunity to arrange repayment of the outstanding balance to no avail.    5.The Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 11/02/2019 to 23/07/2019 on  £417.00 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.09."    " Defence    1.            The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim vague and are generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5(3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.   The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017.It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC   2.           Paragraph 2 is denied. I am unaware of what alleged debt the claimant refers to having failed to adequately particularise its claim.  And it is denied the claimant has served any Notice of Assignment pursuant to the Law & Property Act 1925    3    Paragraph 3 of the particulars is not admitted with regards to the Defendant entering into an Agreement referred to in the Particulars of Claim for an amount of £431.81. It is denied the defendant failed to abide by the terms of contract.   4.       Paragraph 4 is noted although I have no record of ever receiving a Default Notice or Notice of intention to serve a Default Notice in this matter.    5. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of assignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   6. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of a CPR 31.14 request and a section 77/78 for copies of any documents referred to within the Claimants particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date they have failed to comply to my section 77/78 request and remain in default and with regards to my CPR 31.14 request.   (a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement ; and (b) show and evidence the nature and service of a default notice pursuant to sec87.1CCA1974 © show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and (d) show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim;   7 .As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.   8. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.   9.By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any   ******************** end of defence ************
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1723 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I visited car craft on friday 21st nov at 10am. We were greeted by a lovely sales assistant who explained who and what car craft was.

After narrowing down our choice of cars we took a few for a test drive. Finally decided on 207 gt. After having decided we talked with sale rep in more detail about the car. At this point I informed him of my job as a care assistant. My job involves a lot of driving from client to client so the mpg on the car was by far the most important thing. He advised us that I was looking at 35-40mpg. Which compared to current car was amazing as I was lucky to get 22mpg. So we signed on the dotted line an drove away happy at 6pm.

I put £20 petrol in on way home and a further £20 on the Sunday afternoon. So to say I was surprised when my fuel light came on on Monday night 4pm. is an understatement when I had only done 80 miles. Having talked with my husband we decided it was the way I was driving it. Bit heavy footed he said. So on did a test. I went to the garage and put £42 super unleaded in. My range when up to 250 miles. Following day went to work as normal drove 14 miles in total keeping revs below 2 and my mpg between 35-45. Most the time a lot more 79 at one point. But my range had dropped to 184!! I immediately phoned car craft and the lad said service is closed now call back tomorrow but it sounds like a petrol leek. 10 mins later car craft phone me back asking how I'm getting on with the car. But of a coincidence I think. I then explained again the problems I was having an he told he this is normal for a gt.

I said if that's the case ive been sold a car that doesn't suit my needs and I would be bringing the car back to exchange. He said not all finance companies allow the 7 day exchange policy. At no point was I told this.

Could anybody please advise me on any of this please

Edited by JenLou1985
Wrong title

As you told him the purpose of the car which was moving between patients and not racing then I think you have a very good case for either exchange or refund under the Sale of Goods Act as sold 'Not fit for purpose'. GT stands for 'Grand Tourer', I don't think you are doing that.

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

The dashboard computer read out for fuel economy and range may well not be accurate. The best way to calculate MPG is to brim the fuel tank and then drive for a few days noting the mileage covered. Then brim the tank again and note how much fuel you have had to add and this will give you an accurate consumption figure, which may be very different to what the dash computer is estimating.

Also remember that we are in winter and if you are driving with the heater lights and wipers going your MPG will be much lower than in the summer. Short journeys will also reduce MPG as the car will not get up to temperature so will operate below optimum efficiency.

You have not said which engine the car has but if 1.6 I would expect to average 35-40 MPG around town with normal driving style and less if you are heavy right footed.

The GT uses the same engine as the other 1.6 petrol cars so choosing a different trim level would have made no difference to the MPG acheived. The GT just has more equipment. On that basis I do not think you would be able to reject the car as IMHO they have not sold you an inappropriate vehicle.

Edited by angrycrow

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Good Afternoon JenLou1985,

As we don't have your details we cannot find you on our system and get in touch to help, is it possible for you to call our customer services on 0800 923 9495, I have spoken to them and told them to expect your call and they can then discuss this with you.

Thanks