7 day exchange policy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I visited car craft on friday 21st nov at 10am. We were greeted by a lovely sales assistant who explained who and what car craft was.

After narrowing down our choice of cars we took a few for a test drive. Finally decided on 207 gt. After having decided we talked with sale rep in more detail about the car. At this point I informed him of my job as a care assistant. My job involves a lot of driving from client to client so the mpg on the car was by far the most important thing. He advised us that I was looking at 35-40mpg. Which compared to current car was amazing as I was lucky to get 22mpg. So we signed on the dotted line an drove away happy at 6pm.

I put £20 petrol in on way home and a further £20 on the Sunday afternoon. So to say I was surprised when my fuel light came on on Monday night 4pm. is an understatement when I had only done 80 miles. Having talked with my husband we decided it was the way I was driving it. Bit heavy footed he said. So on did a test. I went to the garage and put £42 super unleaded in. My range when up to 250 miles. Following day went to work as normal drove 14 miles in total keeping revs below 2 and my mpg between 35-45. Most the time a lot more 79 at one point. But my range had dropped to 184!! I immediately phoned car craft and the lad said service is closed now call back tomorrow but it sounds like a petrol leek. 10 mins later car craft phone me back asking how I'm getting on with the car. But of a coincidence I think. I then explained again the problems I was having an he told he this is normal for a gt.

I said if that's the case ive been sold a car that doesn't suit my needs and I would be bringing the car back to exchange. He said not all finance companies allow the 7 day exchange policy. At no point was I told this.

Could anybody please advise me on any of this please

Edited by JenLou1985
Wrong title

As you told him the purpose of the car which was moving between patients and not racing then I think you have a very good case for either exchange or refund under the Sale of Goods Act as sold 'Not fit for purpose'. GT stands for 'Grand Tourer', I don't think you are doing that.

The dashboard computer read out for fuel economy and range may well not be accurate. The best way to calculate MPG is to brim the fuel tank and then drive for a few days noting the mileage covered. Then brim the tank again and note how much fuel you have had to add and this will give you an accurate consumption figure, which may be very different to what the dash computer is estimating.

Also remember that we are in winter and if you are driving with the heater lights and wipers going your MPG will be much lower than in the summer. Short journeys will also reduce MPG as the car will not get up to temperature so will operate below optimum efficiency.

You have not said which engine the car has but if 1.6 I would expect to average 35-40 MPG around town with normal driving style and less if you are heavy right footed.

The GT uses the same engine as the other 1.6 petrol cars so choosing a different trim level would have made no difference to the MPG acheived. The GT just has more equipment. On that basis I do not think you would be able to reject the car as IMHO they have not sold you an inappropriate vehicle.

Edited by angrycrow

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Good Afternoon JenLou1985,

As we don't have your details we cannot find you on our system and get in touch to help, is it possible for you to call our customer services on 0800 923 9495, I have spoken to them and told them to expect your call and they can then discuss this with you.

Thanks