DWA ESA Overpayment

LeeMills77

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I only discovered today that I've received four payment from the DWA I was not entitled to.

I was on the sick earlier this year as I suffered with anxiety but I managed to alleviate the illness and I returned to university in late September to start and finish the third year.

When I did return, I informed the DWA that my sicknote ran out at the end of September and I did what else was necessary on my part.

However, I didn't realise for six weeks but they had continued to pay the ESA benefit. I don't understand how they have done this because my sicknote ran out at the end of September.

The final payment I received today and I want to return it immediately. Also, I wish the pay the remaining money off as soon as possible. I could probably pay around 2/3 off next month.

I genuinely didn't mean to claim this and I feel anxious that they could take serious action against me. Currently, I owe £1,160 approx. I have £225.50 I want to return straight away and I can make, hopefully, around a £400 contribution in the middle of December.

I'd like some advice on how to approach this. What sort of letter do I write to them and when it comes to offering payment, would it be a good idea to say I can make a lump sum payment? Would they think I have loads of money and make them determined to pursue me or make threats to pursue?

Thank you for reading,

Lee.

it might be easier to phone them this morning and advise them of what you have told us then tell then you want to return the payment to them today they have an overpayment/debt department that can take the payment from you over the phone and set up an repayment plan they will disuses what you can afford to pay back each month week