style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help, i will try keep this short but with info, i suffer from depression an anxiety, during a bad bout i was summoned to court for no tv lic, i didnot go to court (as i cant face going outside), apparently i was fined but did not recieve any orders from court about how much or what to pay,or form for means test. i recieved a letter (4 weeks after court date) of further steps, saying i failed to make payment again i could not face it, then a letter from collectica 14 days later saying they will be at house 27/11/14 at 6am with taking control order. i have called them several times, asking for help to pay this, but been refused, i asked for persons name again refused, asked for managers name so i could file complaint refused again an they put phone down, called court they say contact collectica, nothing to do with them how collectica act, Collectica's letter says i owe money to hull court, but it was grimsby court. also i have letter from tv lic saying pay £56 to keep lic this was 9 days after court case for not havin lic. i have been everywhere for help, my depression is worse, i feel i cant take anymore or i will have abreakdown again, now i understand why some pple commit suicide over debts, i feel like i can go no further for help. I did tell both about my mental state, which i found very embarressing

Park your car well away from your home for a while and dont answer the door to bailiff. Talk througj the letterbox or upstairs window. Have you doctors note etc? If so you are classed as vunerable and the debt will have to be sent back to court. Deal with the court directly.

thanks for advice i dont have a car, and iam on medication for depression ect, i also suffer from other illnesses, i was told if i dont answer because it is an unpaid fine they will enter anyways, the thought of someone comming into my house terrifies me,iam so so scared as i have severe problems dealing with strangers as it is. i did talk to court an they say talk to collectica, they say they dont care whats wrong or if i earn £50,000 a week or earn nowt it tough, should i call court again iam running out of time

Starting at the beginning - were you aware you had no TV Licence & is it for the address you live at presently? You do appear to fit the vulnerabitlity criteria but you do need to provide some proof of this - a letter from a medical professional perhaps. You do need to speak to the Fines Officer or Court Manager to try & resolve this, in particular for a Means hearing to see what you can pay.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

iam just of the phone to court, an they agree iam vunerable, but they cant take it back to court, i asked for means test due to change in circumstances since fine again they say nothing they can do it is hands of collectica, i asked about the amended law sentencing and punishment of offenders oct 2012, but they never heard of it, i have emailed collectica again, no answer, yeah i could get letter from doc and i do have abudget plan drawn up, but it not going to help for 6am tomorrow now, feel like iam havin a breakdown now am so exhausted.. oh sorry yes i missed some payments and owed £56 tv lic, court was 30/9 and letter from tv lic was 8/10 saying if i dont pay £56 they will take away my lic, that was after court fine

You need to contact the EA in writing to let them know you may be classed as a vulnerable household this is so you have a paper trail. Also email them as well and copy in the Fines officer too.

You need to ask the Court to have a means hearing since you may not of filled in the MC100 form (Financial disclosure) so the Court had no idea what you can afford. They also have a duty not to put you in further debt. They need to know this information so they can make an informed judgement. Since you were aware of the case/further steps you will have to make the effort to get this sorted out asap.

Have a read of the Taking Control of Goods National Standards 2014 here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?421867-Taking-Control-of-Goods-National-Standards-2014

Also you may want to read here as well http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/debt_w/debt_action_your_creditor_can_take_e/bailiffs_e/complaining_about_bailiffs_e/bailiffs_and_vulnerable_people_e.htm

You can also pay fines on line here https://www.gov.uk/pay-court-fine-online it will not help you now, but will help others in the same boat as you are in now in the same position.

You still maybe able to pay the fine online, but some of the money will be deducted for the fees for the EA.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.