Volunteering

copps321
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im just looking for some information of what i need to do if i started volunteering (im on ESA, DLA, and i have Seetec because of being in the activity group).

right at the moment im waiting for a mentor/help from Mind to get into a charity shop to get information etc with then the intention of doing an hour or 2 a week. im just wondering when i do start what i need to do and most importantly when i tell the ESA make it absolutely clear that it is not Seetec helping with this as i honestly tell them as little as possible and find them more of a problem than help

edit: i have seen the other post i hope its ok i started a new 1 as its not about expenses as any shop is in walking distance

When you start you should contact the Benefit Centre that pays your ESA and inform them of the fact - tell them who you're volunteering with, how many hours per week, how long you expect it to last (if you know, if not it doesn't matter) and whether or not you receive any expenses for travel or meals. They may ask you to complete a form.

If you wish, you can stress to them that you found this opportunity without the "help" of Seetec, but I don't think Seetec can claim any outcome payments unless you actually start paid work, so it probably doesn't matter all that much.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Assuming you are on the Work Programme, your time expires 104 weeks from the first induction meeting. Volunteering will not have any affect on the end date. Seetec will not get any outcome payments for your efforts, but they might make mandatory appointments that conflict with the days/hours you are volunteering - I had similar 'issues' with A4e, told them in plain English that I was not available one day per week, so they booked an appointment for that day.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

thanks for the replies, as for having appointments on days i shouldn't i know all to well even after a over year of telling them that i cant do certain days i still get appointments on those exact days

The best thing to do is to put it in writing what days you can not attend. Stick to using short, simple words and avoid anything that might need a dictionary - Treat them the same as they do to you: i.e. Primary school intellect.

Keep a copy of the letter so that you have evidence should they try to deny knowledge of it and attempt to raise a benefit doubt.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.