DFS Furniture disgraceful

Susansab

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If this post can help and deter people purchasing from DFS than I would not feel as bad as burning 3K on furniture’s bought from this con trader.

Due to a chronic bank pain and my husband suffering from sciatica and being a loyal customer for over 20 years,

we decided to change our furniture to something more comfortable.

We were advised by 2 Advisors at DFS Croydon and directed to their sale items

and recommended that instead of the normal 3 piece suite which would have cost us just under 1k to spent over 3k and buy swivel chairs.

From the moment these items arrived, we knew they were unstable and unsuitable,

we fill in an after sale survey, received a call and complaint that this was just not suitable for us.

We suggested we were happy to pay for them under the Finance Agreement in exchange of what we should have purchased in the first place.

Had a home visit arranged, were verbally insulted by the DFS Fitter and asked him to promptly leave our house.

After sending the CEO Ian Filby, several emails which he completely ignored,

I was unfortunate enough to deal with Matthew Howarth, Customer Services Manager,

who in our opinion is wasted doing that job since he has no clues in how to deal with Customers in a courteous manner.

To cut the story short,

we have had to cancel our Direct Debit with the Finance Company

since DFS refuses to pick up the items since in Matthew’s words he is not prepared to lose out and neither are we.

He also refused to exchange the items so that we can have something much more suitable cheaper

so that we would honour our agreement with the Finance company and continue paying the full price, but oh no that was unacceptable too.

My Statutory Rights have been broken in more ways than one.

Their Sales man intentionally misled us with this sale when we advised him of our back issues

and informed us that he has had customers with back issues who were happy with their swivel chairs,

because he was only interested in the sale and his commission and we trusted him having never owned swivel chairs before.

For us these furniture’s are a health hazard since they are unstable as you try and stand up and the back is not firm.

Under The Trade Description Act, which was added to by the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations in 2008,

it is a criminal offence for any company to describe goods falsely which is what their sales man did,

for these furniture’s are unsuitable for people with back problems.

I would ask customer not to waste their time and money buying anything from DFS,

you will not only be ill advised, and they treat you like badly after the sale and have no respect for you.

I have involved the Furniture Ombudsman and hopefully the matter will go to Court for we are having none of this,

we have been loyal to DFS for over 20 years which means absolutely nothing to them.

In return, they have no only lost us as a customer,

I have stopped family and friends purchasing from them and to my calculation we are talking about thousands.

It’s about time these greedy dodgy traders understand that the Customer is always right contrary to what they believe.

numerous posts from various threads

moved to your own thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Susan

Welcome to CAG

Let us know how you get on. Keep all communcation in writing, send Recorded Deliviery. Don't speak to them over the phone. You could consider asking your Doctor to write a brief report as proof of your husbands condition and the unsuitability of the furniture.

Here's information on the Misrepresentation Act :-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/misrepresentation-act-1967