• Tweets

• Sec127 (3) repealed, now gone. S. 127(3)-(5) repealed (6.4.2007) by Consumer Credit Act 2006 (c. 14), ss. {15}, 70, 71(2), {Sch. 4} (with Sch. 3 para. 11); S.I. 2007/123, art. 3(2), Sch. 2
    • We used to recommend that people accept mediation but our advice has changed. The mediation process is unclear. Before you can embark on it you have to agree that you are prepared to enter a compromise – and that means that you agree that you are prepared to give up some of your rights even though you are completely in the right and you are entitled to hundred percent of your money and even though EVRi are simply trying to obstruct you in order to discourage you and also to put others who might want to follow your example off from claiming and even though they have a legitimate basis for reimbursement. Mediation is not transparent. In addition to having to sign up that you are prepared to give up some of your rights, you will also have to agree not to reveal any details of the mediation – including the result of the mediation – so that the whole thing is kept secret. This is not open justice. Mediation has nothing to do with justice. The only way of getting justice is to make sure that this matter goes to trial unless EVRi or the other parcel delivery companies put their hands up and accept the responsibility even if they do it is a gesture of goodwill. Going to trial and winning at trial produces a judgement which we can then add to our small collection to assist other people who are in a similar boat. EVRi had been leading you around by the nose since at least January – and probably last year as well – and their whole purpose is simply to drag it out, to place obstacles in your way, to deter other people, and to make you wish that you'd never started the process and that you are prepared to give up your 300 quid. You shouldn't stand for it. You should take control. EVRi would prefer that you went to mediation and if nothing else that is one excellent reason why you should decline mediation and go to court. If it's good for them it's bad for you. On mediation form, you should sign that you are not prepared to compromise and that you are not prepared to keep the result secret but that you want to share the results with other people in similar circumstances. This means that the mediation won't go ahead. It will take slightly longer and you will have to pay a court fee but you will get that back when you win and you will have much greater satisfaction. Also, once you go the whole process, you will learn even more about bringing a small claim in the County Court so that if this kind of thing happens again you will know what to do and you will go ahead without any hesitation. Finally, if you call EVRi's bluff and refuse mediation and go to trial, there is a chance – maybe not a big chance – but there is a chance that they will agree to pay out your claim before trial simply in order to avoid a judgement. Another judgement against them will simply hurt the position even more and they really don't want this. 300 quid plus your costs is peanuts to them. They don't care about it. They will set it off against tax so the taxpayer will make their contribution. It's all about maintaining their business model of not being liable for anything, and limiting or excluding liability contrary to section 57 and section 72 of the consumer rights act.     And incidentally, there is a myth that if you refuse mediation that somehow it will go against you and the judge will take a dim view and be critical of you. This is precisely a myth. It's not true. It would be highly improper if any judge decided the case against you on anything other than the facts and the law of the case. So don't worry about that. The downside of declining mediation is that your case will take slightly longer. The upside is that if you win you will get all your money and you will have a judgement in your favour which will help others. The chances of you winning in this case are better than 95% and of course you would then receive 100% of your claim plus costs
    • Nice to hear a positive story about a company on this form for a change. Thank you
    • too true HB, but those two I referred for starters - appear to be self admitted - One to excuse other lockdown law breaking, by claiming his estate away from his consistency and London abode was his main home the other if he claims to have 'not told the truth' in his own words via that quote - to have mislead his investors rather than broken lobbying rules   - seem to be slam dunks - pick which was your law breaking - it seems to be both and much more besides in Jenricks case Starmer was director of public prosecutions yet the tories are using seemingly baseless allegations for propaganda and starmer is missing pressing apparent blatant criminality in politics
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vodafone Driving me crazy! #8665505

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@VodafoneUK are taking the absolute mickey.

I have been promised a large refund and into my bank account on 24th of November.

I spoke with Menna, and she confirmed this would "100% be into your bank on the 24th Miss smith, you don't need to worry I promise"

I spoke with her on the 20th of Novemeber after a manager called Temms raised a refund, to confirm this would happen.

She assured me not to worry this money would be in there.

It has not arrived, and I have been waiting since August 2014!

I have visited my local Vodafone store and seen the notes for myself there is a form raised for this refund, but it has not arrived.

I will be submitting Vodafone with a Subject Access Request if this is not paid to me today and approaching the Financial Ombudman.

I have made numerous calls on this, and been told Menna would call me back after I complained this refund hasn't arrived,

and since neither has her call. This is unacceptable, and I pay you in good time every month!

I tried to PM Lee Vodafone customer rep, but it wouldn't go through so public forum it is. A very fed up Customer

Edited by MissSmith31

We here at CAg have a very successful VodaFone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&COUNTRY=us&LANGUAGE=en)

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAG Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

CAG.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

await for lee to pop in.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A woman who isn't from your team has just called me back,

she was incredibly rude and refused for me to speak to a manager!

It was meant to be a manager that called me back!

Her name was Rania, her customer service is appalling and she spoke over me and generally treated me poorly.

This was also witnessed by my partner.

She is now trying to renegotiate the amount already promised and its on the notes already.

I will not be renegotiating, I already have been promised since August 2014!!

I am now going to start charging interest on the amount agreed!

If this continues I will be passing this across to the Financial Ombudsman as previously stated.

This is absolutely unacceptable,

if I owed Vodafone this long id be taken to court!

Oh now there's an idea.....

Edited by MissSmith31
So angry I am making typos

After a call with Stacey, who was witnesses to be extremely rude, and spoke over me, I am now going to go ahead with a court summons.

DO NOT Sign Any contracts with Vodafone, my bills have been paid in a timely manner and they dont treat their customers with the same Respect.

Lee Still has not contacted me, so don't be fooled!

You will have received court summons by the end of play today.

Cowboys hiding behind the smoke screen!

Well, what an appalling example of "customer services" I did some research and got the directors office number and spoke with "Tom" whom stated I was at the highest level of complaints with Vodafone. He after listening to the facts I had, decided to take the mickey even more. He tried to offer me £90!! I don't think so, less that 10% of what had been agreed and promised by vodafone. He also told me that apparently as long as your phone works "somewhere in the UK" that this was acceptable, that's funny considering they actually refer to the "coverage map" when signing you up to a legally binding contract isn't it! Also apparently the Ombudsman Service won't help me either, that's amazing Tom knows this considering he pretends to "work" for Vodafone??

My next call after being told by Tom we had reached dead lock, then later Lucy changed her mind again and said we weren't in deadlock and she wasnt sure why I'd been told that. Well clearly they communicate with each other, wondering if that actually speak to anyone at all!!

Well I decided to ignore Toms advice, and gave the Ombudsman a ring. Well what a very different action from them! They where also most interested to hear all the facts and references I have, and they have taken the case on. So actually Tom, I shall wait to hear from them! I am absolutely furious with Vodafone and hope they have the book thrown. You do not or should not "promise to pay" and then don't especially when your large customer has paid you in a good timely manner each and every month. Tom stated it was a lot of money and that's why, so firstly why agree it, secondly correct yes it's a lot of MY money that I paid for a broken service, and actually I have it in the written notes this was agreed to be paid to me.

I look forward to hearing from the Ombudsman again, what A nice chap I spoke to today :)

Just to report our rep Lee's input, or the lack of was this:

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your email.

Having checked your account I can see that you've spoken to our Directors Office this afternoon.

Once your case has been reviewed further, we'll confirm our final position in writing.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

The "Customer Relations Team" are just as incompetent, Lee had no input, so the Ombudsman is now involved. This is unacceptable but clear view of how Vodafone conduct themselves!

Just to report our rep Lee's input, or the lack of was this:

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your email.

Having checked your account I can see that you've spoken to our Directors Office this afternoon.

Once your case has been reviewed further, we'll confirm our final position in writing.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

The "Customer Relations Team" are just as incompetent, Lee had no input, so the Ombudsman is now involved. This is unacceptable but clear view of how Vodafone conduct themselves!

What I've gathered from a lot of threads on here (that involve complaints against Vodafone) is that Lee is fairly useless and is simply there to boost Vodafone PR and make it look as if they are actively seeking to resolve people's problems.

The reality is; you'd probably get further/save yourself time by either directly escalating with the relevant individuals at Vodafone and/or taking the issue directly to court.

Keeps hacking me off when I see regular posters like Dx advertising Vodafone's services by saying that CAG has a "very successful Vodafone rep'' on the forum - this is completely misleading as it makes people feel that once they've contacted Lee that they're in good hands (and that they can consider their issues effectively escalated). A number of old threads I've read through have shown the exact opposite to be true, with people complaining a few months later that Lee has failed to either get in touch with them or assisted in resolving the issue.

Edited by ArmchairPundit
  • Sad 1

It's ridiculous and I, 100% agree with you. It's all very to damage limitate to try and appear like you are helping people with their complaint, but not actually following through.

I have now raised a complaint to the ombudsman after being told, the ombudsman won't do anything. They disagreed and took on the complaint.

Lee has not made any attempt to help on this matter whatsoever.

Hi MissSmith31,

As your case was already with our Directors Office, I'm unable to help you further.

As stated in my email yesterday, we'll write to you confirming our final position as soon as possible.

ArmchairPundit - Over the last few years, we've helped several hundreds of people via CAG. However, not all of them return to their threads to confirm that their cases have been resolved.

Although we may not be able to resolve every case which is posted, we do aim to reach a positive outcome wherever possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

No actually Lee you flatly ignored my complaint, that's why I ended up having to finally contact their offices. It's no wonder why vodafone get so many complaints. Well, your company had since Aug14 to deal with this, and exceeded your 8 week period.

The Ombudsman has now taken my case on, so we shall see won't we. I will update everyone here as per the result. Perhaps Vodafone will learn from it but I doubt it very much!

Hi MissSmith31,

As your case was already with our Directors Office, I'm unable to help you further.

As stated in my email yesterday, we'll write to you confirming our final position as soon as possible.

ArmchairPundit - Over the last few years, we've helped several hundreds of people via CAG. However, not all of them return to their threads to confirm that their cases have been resolved.

Although we may not be able to resolve every case which is posted, we do aim to reach a positive outcome wherever possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK

The post above me clearly shows that Lee is lying. Let's all be really clear by what Lee means with his post:

"Over the last few years, we've helped several hundreds of people via CAG. However, not all of them return to their threads to confirm that their cases have been resolved.Although we may not be able to resolve every case which is posted, we do aim to reach a positive outcome wherever possible."

Translates into: "over the past decade we've cornered people into paying extortionate phone phone bills if their phone gets stolen. Sometimes these people grow so despondent at the lack of Customer service available through Vodafone, that they post on public forums looking for help as a last resort.

Often, we just don't bother following up with these poor customers, but on the odd occasion that we do actually resolve the issue for the customer we do so to avoid a PR nightmare."

• Sad 1

This thread has now been closed.

Please note that personal attacks on Company Reps and Site team is not permitted.

Lee is correct when he says he has helped many caggers with their issues and it is very true and equally frustrating when people don't return to update their threads.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok, my thread has just been closed. Lee failed to help one iota! Now because of this being exposed they close my thread.

So it's clear to me the Vodafone rep and the CAG are in cahoots, numerous posts state Lee hasn't kept his promises at all. How is that successful?

Don't waste your time, if the complaint has gone past 8 weeks you are legally entitled to raise a complaint with the Ombudsman!

Ok, my thread has just been closed. Lee failed to help one iota! Now because of this being exposed they close my thread.

So it's clear to me the Vodafone rep and the CAG are in cahoots, numerous posts state Lee hasn't kept his promises at all. How is that successful?

Don't waste your time, if the complaint has gone past 8 weeks you are legally entitled to raise a complaint with the Ombudsman!

Have to agree with this. Can the CAG mods STOP advertising Lee's services by calling him a "very successful rep" - I don't dispute that he may have resolved people's issues in the past, but to advertise him as "very successful" gives off the wrong impression to newcomers to this forum. How about pointing people in the direction of Lee, whilst also reminding them of other options available to them - like going directly to the Ombudsman (if the complaint has been active for longer than 8 weeks) or taking the issue to a small claims court.

Absolutely. I only came on here thinking it would "help" but it has not at all, numerous posts suggest Lee makes public promises and then never follows through.

I have made moves, and now the ombudsman service are dealing with this. There is no true help on here, and I think it Mis leads people into thinking it will help.

Hijacking someone else's thread to vent your spleen doesn't help either.

If you have an issue with advice given, or not given on CAG then take it up with the MODS.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hijacking someone else's thread to vent your spleen doesn't help either.

If you have an issue with advice given, or not given on CAG then take it up with the MODS.

I am not hijacking just commenting and actually the "Mod" didn't give me the opportunity to reply by shutting the thread. I haven't attacked anyone, stated the fact Lee didn't have any input and numerous posts suggest this. I messaged the MOD and got a message saying his inbox is full and they can't send more messages until he reads the messages in there.

I am all for Forums helping consumers, but I do find it odd that Lee is actually employed to deal with this site. A cunning way of down playing all your media complaints isn't it. On screen promises don't help, if you don't actually do anything about it

I am not hijacking just commenting and actually.............

I got that far and :sleep:

Lee is employed by Voda not CAG, vent to Voda, or start a new thread in the telecomms or bear garden section and vent there,

This is exactly what hijacking someone else's thread is.

I appreciate you haven't got the result you were after, or the advice, and you're angry, but external employees of those corporations

that are attempting to help and assist in their customers complaints has nothing to do with CAG.

If he (Lee) was no good then CAG wouldn't allow him and other employees of Voda on here to give advice.

Lowells complaints resolution team is one very good example. Failed at every opportunity.

:focus: or can this thread be closed? z4thras

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I got that far and :sleep:

Lee is employed by Voda not CAG, vent to Voda, or start a new thread in the telecomms or bear garden section and vent there,

This is exactly what hijacking someone else's thread is.

I appreciate you haven't got the result you were after, or the advice, and you're angry, but external employees of those corporations

that are attempting to help and assist in their customers complaints has nothing to do with CAG.

If he (Lee) was no good then CAG wouldn't allow him and other employees of Voda on here to give advice.

Lowells complaints resolution team is one very good example. Failed at every opportunity.

:focus: or can this thread be closed? z4thras

I think the salient point that you are missing here is that Lee's contributions to this forum are driven by the fact that he is employed by Vodafone to monitor customer problems across a number of online forums to protect their brand - http://blog.vodafone.co.uk/2014/10/30/independent-forums/ - a cursory google of "Lee Vodafone customer services social" shows you just how many forums he covers.

Whilst his previous track record may have been thorough it is important that posters like MissSmith31 are given the opportunity to raise aggrievances against a company rep if he/she is unhappy with the customer service. You must respect the fact that MissSmith31 is a paying customer of Vodafone, and as such it entitled to expect a response that she is happy with - there is absolutely nothing wrong with her venting her frustrations against Vodafone on this forum.

The moment you start closing threads and responding sarcastically, as your response above shows, you take the initiative away from consumers and place more power in the hands of Vodafone - who by all accounts, are very very poor in dealing with their customers' issues.

Edited by ArmchairPundit

posts from hi-jacking elsewhere moved to this closed thread

dx

and they

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks