Sheffsix

Hpi check on nearly new car

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1842 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Do I need to do an hpi check when buying a nearly new car from a dealership ? And also can you still barter with them on the price? It's on for 12k, my budget is 10k. What's my chances.

Thanks.

Of course you can haggle on the price of the car, as for HPI check; for the cost of getting it down its peace of mind.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

What car is it, those with insight can offer a representative value as to average price and what you should realistically be aiming for.

What car is it, those with insight can offer a representative value as to average price and what you should realistically be aiming for.

hi its this one: Ford Focus 1.0EcoBoost SS 125 EURO5 Petrol Turbo Zetec Navi, 5 door Hatchback Manual 6Spd 14 plate

Always, always, always (did I say always?) do an hpi check on any car you buy, even a cheap old runner worth £300.

And make sure you use a guaranteed hpi check, so not the £3 one.

In my time I've come across so many write offs, financed and even a stolen car!

I use the ebay hpi check which is done by hpi (name of company) but for half price (around £9-£10).

How many miles on the clock?

Hi king12345. Thanks for that I appreciate that,I wasn't quite sure with it been a dealership. Milage on car is 4000. But has been for sale for some weeks now.

£12k sounds fair, but surely you can get a few hundreds off.

I'm not sure about £10k, but you could use it as a starting point of negotiation

Just been intouch with them, it's a no. But I had to ask.

Thanks again.