Proven Faulty Electric Meter - Personally Feeling Tired of the Process Already

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2285 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Question - Is letter of complaint acceptable via email? Or scanned letter of complaint via email, or does the correct protocol revolve around hard copy letter forwarded via post.

This questions is in general and also applies to my SAR request!

Kindest regards

Question - Is letter of complaint acceptable via email? Or scanned letter of complaint via email, or does the correct protocol revolve around hard copy letter forwarded via post.

This questions is in general and also applies to my SAR request!

Kindest regards

I would imagine your SAR request should be in writing, even though some suppliers state they can accept such requests via telephone.

For your letter of complaint you should really send this via post too - especially if this complaint serves as your "letter before action".

Make sure you check out "PRACTICE DIRECTION – PRE-ACTION CONDUCT": https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct

2. Claimant’s letter before claim

2.1 The claimant’s letter should give concise details about the matter. This should enable the defendant to understand and investigate the issues without needing to request further information. The letter should include –

(1) the claimant’s full name and address;

(2) the basis on which the claim is made (i.e. why the claimant says the defendant is liable);

(3) a clear summary of the facts on which the claim is based;

(4) what the claimant wants from the defendant; and

(5) if financial loss is claimed, an explanation of how the amount has been calculated.

2.2 The letter should also....