UKCPS - advice on PCN please **Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My first post, so please bear with me.

On 25th Oct my son and his girlfriend parked in a car park at Headingley Medical Centre, the local doctors and pharmacy, to collect a prescription issued at the doctors previously.

Before entering the pharmacy they went round the corner to the ATM to withdraw cash to pay for the prescription.

They estimate the time between going to and returning from the ATM was of the order of 2 to 4 minutes.

During that time they were issued with a PCN, not attached to the windscreen but left at the back of the bonnet and not being visible until later.

The reason ticked was “Driver/passengers observed leaving site”.

On 29th Oct a letter (see 2014 10 29 - Parking charge - obscured) was sent to UKCPS explaining that before actually entering the pharmacy it was necessary to obtain money to pay for the prescription and a copy of the prescription receipt was attached in support of this.

It was requested the charge to withdrawn/cancelled as the use of the car park was a correct use of the car park.

On 15th Nov a further letter (see 2014 11 14 - Parking charge - obscured) was sent to UKCPS asking for confirmation of receipt of the first letter.

On 19th Nov a letter from UPCPS (see 2014 11 14 - UPCPS appeal denied - obscured) dated 14th Nov came back with their first refusal stating the PCN was “correctly issued”. An offer of further information was made with “7 days of this letter”!

What should be done as the next step please?

Regards all,

David

One more letter to UKCPS Ltd, sent with free proof of postage.

'As you did not uphold my appeal, then under the Code Of Practise that you were required to follow at the time of event, I require a valid code for the independent appeals service POPLA. I shall be quoting VCS vs Ibbotson in my appeal to POPLA.

Or alternatively you can cancel the charge, in writing, forthwith.'

• Confused 1

disr, I am in exactly the same position with UKCPS for the same reason see my thread Advice on this Parking Charge Notice - West Quay Retail Park, HULL - UKCPS

I also received exactly the same letter from them ( its a standard reply).

I have taken armadillo71 advice and sent them a letter for a POPLA. Also read the Ibbotson court case.

There appear to be many instances of this ' leaving the site' with UKCPS across the country. Even if the driver stays and a passenger leaves.

I was in a local car park when i notice a lady had received a ticket from these people, i composed an appeal for her using the Ibbotson case for them to refer to and the appeal was upheld on first letter.

in the appeal i also asked for the evidence that the car/driver left the site, surprisingly this was not supplied.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks armadillo71, old dog and letsgetitsorted.

I took your advice and sent a letter on 27th Nov containing just the form of words you outlined.

On 9th Dec received letter dated 5th Dec as can be seen attached.

They obviously don't think they would get away with pursuing the matter.

Again thanks and the more people support this forum the better it will be.

They are the muppets of PPC's. They know very well they would never get away with it, yet still try and make it look like they are doing you a favour.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D