Jump to content

Outstanding balance on credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi All,



Hoping you can help. A couple of years ago I got in a mess with payday loans, all were paid off via step change last November. However CFO lending and Payday Express are still causing me a headache. Payday express show a default with an outstanding balance of £645.00 and CFO lending are showing as satisfactory but with an outstanding balance of £645.00 - I have tried calling and emailing both companies to get this resolve but I am getting no response whatsoever. Is there anything I can do about this???


Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the default was put there as an accurate record of the account, then it will make no difference if you pay it or not. The default will be there until 6 years of entry have elapsed.


You need to write to their data controller and get the amounts updated and/or marked as satisfied. if they wont, then go through their complaints procedure, and complain to the ICO and FCA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..



If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the accounts have been fully paid then there should be no outstanding balance shown - it should be set as £0.


You need to send formal complaints to both companies advising that they are reporting inaccurately to your credit files. That having repaid what you borrowed, the files should now be showing £0 balances. Head your letter/email "Formal Complaint" - send to their Registered/Head office address and send copies of these to the Credit Reference Agencies that are showing the incorrect balance.


Give the companies 14 days to resolve this or you will escalate your complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **


Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first


1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read





2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS


Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.



Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...