BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Just another example of how Enforcement helps not to clear debt by increasing it.
    • Firstly, you don't need to worry about the so-called "six-month rule". The consumer rights act simply complements the existing law contract. It adds to it, it clarifies it – but it doesn't take anything away from it. Not only that, even within the consumer rights act, the most important provision is that the goods you buy are of satisfactory quality and that they conform to their description. If you have bought a vehicle expecting it to be low mileage – only 17,000 and in fact the mileage turns out to be double – 34,000, then I would say that it is not of satisfactory quality. Also, it doesn't conform to its description. It is impossible that this vehicle could be repaired in order to return it to its expected satisfactory condition because you can't undo the mileage don't wear and tear. Furthermore it doesn't conform to its description and nobody will be able to undo that either. On that basis it seems to me that this is what is known as a fundamental breach of contract – which is a breach so serious that it essentially undermines the purpose of the contract – and it amounts to a termination by the seller and it is up to you the innocent party to accept the termination and to consider that the contract is at an end. This then gives you the right to recover all of the losses which you have reasonably incurred as a result of the seller's breach of contract. You have bought this vehicle using finance – and I'm assuming that it is alone and under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, the finance company are fully liable to you in exactly the same way that the supplier is liable. In other words, their financial liability to you are mirror images of each other. You say that you are in "the process" of rejecting the car. I don't understand what process there is. You simply write to the supplier – copy it to the finance company – and tell them that the contract is at an end because they have breached it in a very serious way and you want to know what arrangements are being made for returning the car. I think that you should also point out that in the interim period you will be without a vehicle and that it would be in their interests to provide you with a loan vehicle until such time as you can source a replacement. Frankly, if you trust the supplier – and if the supplier behaves in a responsible way, this may be the time to negotiate a new vehicle from the supplier – and no doubt this time they will be far more careful about what they supply you. I think it will be worth pointing out to the supplier that if he will not provide you with a reasonable loan vehicle that you will incur costs in respect of a hire vehicle or some other arrangement and that you will look to them to reimburse you all of these expenses. Once again, you should send a copy of this to the finance company. Separately you should write directly to the finance company and put them on notice as well that the finance agreement is at an end because of the fundamental breach of their client. Because they are a finance company, don't expect them to be especially cooperative so I would tell them immediately that if there is any hint of a lack of cooperation that you will begin an immediate complaint to the FOS – but you may decide to proceed direct to a county court if you feel you have to. Have you contacted anybody about this? We could all be jumping the gun because maybe you haven't even brought it to the attention of the dealer and you don't know what the dealer's attitude is. In all letters, make sure that you copy the letters to the garage to the finance company and those to the finance company copy to the garage – so everybody knows the extent of the trouble you are making about this. Finally, why haven't you told us the name of the garage? Are you trying to protect them? What is the name of the finance company? Are you trying to protect them?
    • I have also read a few threads on CAG and also MSE and there is one conflic of opnions which does worry me a little which is the ignore or appeal...   Ignore until they get to a stage where I have to respond or appeal and not let any claim forms come throug the post and cause unnecesarry stress as my wife is the RK of the car.   I trust your judgement on here as your advice has always been clear and confident but i thoguht I would still ask at what point is ignoring these both, going to do us harm with a CCJ or something?   Thanks again   Gee
    • they only get one bite at the cherry    did you ring the court?   dx  
  • Our picks

chesterpug

GE/Loans.co.uk secured loan PPI Claim - upheld, need to calc redress figure is correct?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1841 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently been investigating a consolidated loan that was taken out in 2005

and have today received a copy of the credit agreement from GE.

The document is headed igroup and GE have confirmed that this is there company and that Loans.co.uk brokered this loan.

I am now in the process of starting my PPI complaint as it was a single premium of £4320 on top of a loan of £35k.

The interest was 16.25%.

At no time were we given any advice or options i.e. monthly PPI.

I have only just established that the PPI only covered 5 years of the loan which was taken out over a 15 year period.

Therefore it appears that the PPI was inappropriate.

I do feel that we were completely mis-sold and forced into this option to secure the loan.

GE have told us to make the complaint to Loans.co.uk as they were the broker.

Am I correct in thinking that due to this being a single premium PPI there is a case?

Hope you're well up on the rules of ping-pong as the loans.co.uk website has a message to say:

Information about Loans.co.uk

We stopped arranging loans in 2008. Any servicing enquiries relating to

a loan brokered by Loans.co.uk should be directed to the lender.

More bad news. The address registered with Nominet for the domain name loans.co.uk is:

Bank of America, N.A.

5000 US HWY 17

STE 75

Fleming Island

FL

United States

There is a company called LOANS.CO.UK LIMITED, company no. 03391635

Registered Address: Stansfield House, Chester Business Park, Chester, CH4 9QQ

Some info worth reading from 2006: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2006/105.shtml

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Have a read of Section 56 and Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Have a read of Section 56 and Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Thank you - what points in the CCA do you think are most relevant to my case. Should I refer to this in my complaint?

Many thanks

I have had a complaint upheld from Loans.co.uk and am awaiting figures but need some help in checking what I should receive.

Original loan taken out in March 05 for 35,000

Plus PPI single premium of 4320.00

Interest rate was 16.25%

Loan was paid in full the following year in March 06

Can anyone help me in terms of what I should expect the refund to be please.

Thanks in advance

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

old and new threads merged.

dx

the agreement should tell you the monthly figure for PPI.

simply use the statint sheet above link

and input EVERY PPI PAYMENT

on the date you made it

on its own row

the sheet does the rest.

dx