Jump to content

some advice needed please


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I split from my partner in July and have since started claiming income support, he's currently classed as homeless although he does stay between his mums and his nans house, he has notified the council of were he is staying and to my knowledge has only just made an application for job seekers allowance.


My problem is this, he has not changed the address of his bank account yet, I have contacted Barclays on numerous occasions telling the he does not live here and have given them the forwarding address yet they still send letters.

His car is still registered to my house, I have informed the DVLA that he does not live here so I am unsure whether they have rectified that.

A few debt collection letters come here, but every time I receive a letter I call them up and tell them he does not live here,


All the bills are in my name, he doesn't give me any money, every thing is above board, he see's his son a few times a week which is fine.


I have only been claiming income support for 4 months, do they job centre give you time to sort all these things out? Obviously it doesn't look good that his letters are coming here but there's only so much I can do and I am literally PETRIFIED that one day I will get a letter to say they are stopping my benefits pending an investigation into my single claim, does this happen??


Should I arrange an appointment with the jobcentre to tell them of my concerns?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimately, it is his responsibility to notify the banks and DVLA of a change of address - If you have written letters to them (and kept copies), you have done all you can. It is in his best interest to advise the DVLA of his address or he could pick up a fine or two... If he is making a claim for JSA and using a different address from yours, I doubt the DWP would come chasing after you - The fact that the council also have an alternative address adds weight to any defence should the DWP instigate an investigation (unlikely).


In general, the DWP see cases such as yours all to regularly. By all means, voice your concerns should you have any interviews at the Job Centre, and they can put your mind at ease.





No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...