Recording PIP medical?

Bigbudg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Try the Data Protection Act. An private individual is permitted to collect and process personal information for domestic use and is not required to register with the ICO. The Regulation of Investigatory Powers also permits a private individual to record (covertly or otherwise) their own conversations for domestic purposes.

Or you could just tell them that you are fully compliant with both the DPA and RIPA, and if they have any doubts, consult a qualified legal expert.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

There is no 'official' recording of PIP assessments, unlike ESA.

All you can do is record yourself however the 'healthcare professional' is likely to object if you tell them in advance. If you don't tell them and they find out, they can terminate the assessment and record it as 'failed to co-operate', which is likely to lead to your claim being rejected.

Most smart phones have a record function, and record quite well from within a top pocket or similar.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

There is no 'official' recording of PIP assessments, unlike ESA.

All you can do is record yourself however the 'healthcare professional' is likely to object if you tell them in advance. If you don't tell them and they find out, they can terminate the assessment and record it as 'failed to co-operate', which is likely to lead to your claim being rejected.

Most smart phones have a record function, and record quite well from within a top pocket or similar.

I didn't know that. Next reclaim for PIP I make I will record the conversation.

So long as you are aware of the potential pitfalls, i.e. your claim being rejected if they discover you recording 'unofficially', which is why I would never recommend that anyone record covertly.

That said, I just put my phone on record and left it on the table next to me and no one noticed.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I just put my phone on record and left it on the table next to me and no one noticed.

When I had need to, I would place a small digital recorder in a soft cover on the desk, next to it I would put a cheap tape dictaphone... If they objected, the dictaphone was shoved in a bag or coat pocket.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.