• Tweets

• And I'm sorry, you're going to have a rough time of it this morning. On at least two or three occasions, either I or my site team colleague have advised you to give a period of notice to the window company – and I even suggested in one of my most recent posts that a period of notice would be essential in order to satisfy the courts. Despite this, you appear to have sent a letter giving notice of immediate cancellation of your contract. I really have no idea why you come here and ask for advice, and get advice – similar advice from several experienced members of the site team – and then you proceed to ignore the advice and do your own thing. You absolutely need to disengage from this company. They are giving you the runaround and frankly considering you are a paying client they're treating you with contempt. By sending the letter you did, not only are you prejudicing your own situation but you are making it clear that you don't know what you're doing. If you follow the advice we give, then you will create the impression that you are in control and competent. You will have to send them another letter. You must give them notice. Even though they are clearly in the wrong and even though there is clearly something very fishy going on, you will have to make time of the essence and give them reasonable notice. I suggested seven days – you have even now used up some of that time by giving them a letter of immediate cancellation and not a letter of notice. I think you should now send them a letter informing them that unless you have a definite agreement within seven days that the work will be completed at the end of 14 days, that you will consider that the contract is terminated by their breach. Tell them that despite any written terms and conditions, it is clearly an implied term of the contract that it will be carried out within a reasonable time and that your patience is exhausted. Tell them that once you cancel the contract, they can take whatever action they want to recover any administrative fee that you won't be paying. If you're the fact that you tend to go off on your own and not follow advice, I think it would be a good idea if you put the letter together and then post the draft here so that we can check it. Slapped wrists? – Yes definitely.
    • In terms of asking us whether or not providing us with the documents we need in a certain format is important, – yes it is important. I'm very sorry but we put in a lot of work for people here and we do it all for free. We need people to provide material that makes it easier for us to help you. We use a standard Internet system – and at the very least, we expect people to have the necessary equipment, for instance a scanner, and some kind of computer to be able to engage with us. We also expect people to have at least the computer skills to be able to provide the documents we need in the format that we need. 10 or 15 years ago this might have been an unreasonable ask because the technology was much newer and not so well established and understood. Things have moved on and I think it's essential for you to acquire the necessary skills – they are not at all difficult – to be able to engage with us – and also anyone else with whom you have dealings on the Internet. I imagine that you don't have a scanner but for about £49 you can get an excellent one from Currys PC World and I think you should do that. Please remember that you are receiving advice here which might normally be charged at £300 per hour. All we ask you to do is to get scanner and you will find that it is really very easy and you will then acquire transferable skills. It is a win for you in every sense. You will have the scanner for years.
    • what time do you have to go in today? I am wondering whether it might not be a good idea to go in with the letter of claim and if there is any mucking around them to hand it to them.   We would have to draft something appropriate.   in any event I think you should prepare an sar and take it with you and hand it to them make sure that they realise what it is. Hand it to a senior manager.   Use our sar template here.   I think that they are starting to lead you around by the nose and I think that you should take control and make sure that they realise but there is only a short time before it goes legal. A letter of claim would be the best thing to do in addition to the sar     
    • The bank is yet to say if it will shed more jobs beyond the 35,000 it flagged earlier this year. View the full article
    • The bank is yet to say if it will shed more jobs beyond the 35,000 it flagged earlier this year. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

shocking bill from tmobile of over £3000 for internet use

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2167 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This is my story .

I had a £16 a month sim only contract with tmobile for 2gb of data ,1000mins and unlimited text.

My contract was due to end on October 28th.

In september i got a bill from tmobile saying i had to pay about £158 for internet usage ,

which they promptly took by direct debit.

With this incident I decided I would leave t-mobile >

I called in to cancel my contract as i knew October was the last month,

they refused to cancel and said I had to give them a months notice and since I was telling them to cancel in October ,

I will have to wait another month till November to cancel.

I said fine and they gave me a date in November and sent me my PAC codes.

I now signed up with another provider O2 and

O2 advised that on November 12 they would transfer my t-mobile number to their network.

today i received a bill from t-mobile charging me Over £3000 for internet use on the day I was transfered to O2.

They are charging £7 per mb for 483mb which they claim was outside my 2gb allowance resulting to £3088.

I was shaking.

I called them and they said the internet was on the 12th of November the same day O2 transfered my number.

I complained to them on the phone that this cannot be and complained.

They said they will investigate in 3 to 2weeks.

Meanwhile they plan to take the money from my account on the 30th.

Now if they dont get the money they will default my credit rating.

Please what can i do.

I have a nagging feeling that this charge was to punish me for leaving them.

I also read that the EU had capped the charge of internet charging on any phone in the EU to 50euros....£42

how come t-mobile if this bill was indeed true can charge me £3000.

How come they did not inform me that the cost of out of allowance charges was £7 a mb.

How come they did send an alert to say i have exceed my limit.

I also read that the amount for data usage is about 0.20 euros...as stated by EU regulations.

.how come tmobile is charging £7.....is this correct .

I am worried that they will mess up my credit file if they dont get this money ..

...what can i do .

..i dont earn enough to pay that kind of money for anything.

Should i take a loan to pay them to stop them messing up my credit file.

Please some one help me.

I cant sleep now....i have to go to work tomorrow and with this shock i cant

This is my story .

I had a £16 a month sim only contract with tmobile for 2gb of data ,1000mins and unlimited text.

My contract was due to end on October 28th.

In september i got a bill from tmobile saying i had to pay about £158 for internet usage , which they promptly took by direct debit.With this incident I decided I would leave t-mobile >I called in to cancel my contract as i knew October was the last month, but they refused to cancel and said I had to give them a months notice and since I was telling them to cancel in October ,I will have to wait another month till November to cancel.I said fine and they gave me a date in November and sent me my PAC codes.

I now signed up with another provider O2 and O2 advised that on November 12 they would transfer my t-mobile number to their network.

so imagine my shock when today i received a bill from t-mobile charging me Over £3000 for internet use on the day I was transfered to O2.

They are charging £7 per mb for 483mb which they claim was outside my 2gb allowance resulting to £3088.I was shaking.I called them and they said the internet was on the 12th of november the same day O2 transfered my number.I complained to them on the phone that this cannot be and complained.They said they will investigate in 3 to 2weeks.Meanwhile they plan to take the money from my account on the 30th.

Now if they dont get the money they will default my credit rating.

Please what can i do.

I have a nagging feeling that this charge was to punish me for leaving them.

I also read that the EU had capped the charge of internet charging on any phone in the EU to 50euros....£42

so how come t-mobile if this bill was indeed true can charge me £3000.

How come they did not inform me that the cost of out of allowance charges was £7 a mb.

How come they did send an alert to say i have exceed my limit.

I also read that the amount for data usage is about 0.20 euros...as stated by EU regulations..how come tmobile is charging £7.....is this correct .

I am worried that they will mess up my credit file if they dont get this money .....what can i do ...i dont earn enough to pay that kind of money for anything.Should i take a loan to pay them to stop them messing up my credit file.Please some one help me.

I cant sleep now....i have to go to work tomorrow and with this shock i cant

First think I would do is cancel the direct debit with them and the bank with immediate effect and put in an official complaint to request an itemized breakdown of how they have come to there figures..

no complaint to the CEO..

quite honestly id cancel the DD too and stop them from taking the money.

that's very unfair

they are holding you to ransom.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Make sure that you confirm the cancellation of the DD in writing. Record any calls you make with anyone about this.

Get the account breakdown as suggested

I agree with everyone else, cancel the DD straight away.

These are the email addresses for the Executive Office for T-Mobile/EE.

executive.office@ee.co.uk

executive.office@t-mobile.co.uk

These are the CEO email addresses.

olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk

stuart.jackson@ee.co.uk

I do hope you are able to get this sorted out.

Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I cancelled the DD with the bank and

called tmobile to cancel the dd with them.

..30 mins later i got a text to call them and

they said they had cancelled the £3000 cost for internet and now my bill was reduced to 65pounds..

...Great.......thanks everyone

on second thoughts am actually upset for the stress they caused me..

.loss of sleep and everything.

..i wonder if i can get them to compensate for that stress...

i have the good mind to get sars and go through my bill with tooth cumb for any overcharges..

..what do you think or should I just let it be.