lending stream PDL - Loan cancel help - now don't need it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

If you apply for a PD loan and then decided to cancel cos a family member will help you instead...can you withdraw without interest? and what effect will it have on the credit files? will a credit account appear on the CRA's?

I stupidly applied for a small pd loan from lending stream but 2 hours later my mum helped me out and sent me the money so i emailed them telling them im withdrawing, and have repaid the original loan amount and thats it, as it stated in their T+c's that they waiver the interest if withdrawal is exercised and repaid with one business working day?

i been trying hard with cra's... i have just a 2/3 searches which will drop off by xmas ( minus this pd loan search) and a default to drop off early January.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Someone i knew,

well he applied for a loan from lending stream which he was successful in doing so.

He then decided the following day,literally, that he wished to cancel.

So he emailed them to tell them he was withdrawing from his loan as he is in the 14 day cooling off period they give you,

and he had fully repaid the loan back , and stupidly the 30 quid interest too.

Now his credit file is showing a settled account from them, dated 14th december 2014,

when its only th 6th today and this palava happened 2 weeks ago.

I was lead to believe that once you withdraw from a loan,

they can only leave like a search on ur credit file....what are his options?

As long as it is showing settled, and there are no adverse markers showing, then I would leave it be IMO.

Or if he wishes he can contact the CRA and add a notice of correction against it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No Bazooka, ive seen it. theres no adverse markers and the balance is showing as 0. It is settled also.

Theres a default date there from someone else shown for early Jan 2009 and if and when it drops off next month, what happens to the credit rating, does it improve or not?

Adverse markers will drop of on their 6 year anniversary regardless, paid or not, and it should improve the credit score yes.

But TBH I couldn't give a rats backside about credit anything, this Americanism that this country eagerly laps up, like black Friday?? :frusty:

is not for me, and it has never stopped me from obtaining any supposed 'credit'.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• dx100uk changed the title to lending stream PDL - Loan cancel help - now don't need it