Jacobs Bailiffs, help i broke CTAX agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi due to my own stupidity i broke an arrangement with Jacobs bailiffs to repay council tax arrears; (i thought id paid the last one but i hadn't - my own error totally admit that)

They sent me a letter dated the 12th November stating that id broken the arrangement and that if i didn't ring them and pay or let them know that they would come and take goods. Now this letter didn't get here till the weekend, as i was at home till friday and then I've been away until today working.

I rang up immediately the payment line to pay that last amount only to find they had added on another 75 pounds. What is this for? and how much longer do i have to pay this 75 pounds before someone comes round and demands another 235! i can pay it in the next 24 hours thats not a problem but i need to go to the bank tomorrow to deposit cash before i can do it. Ive had no further contact since that initial letter and i have had no visits for this debt at all so far

Thanks

They cant come and take ANYTHING unless they have come and made an inventory of goods in your home. If they do come, then you will have to pay their fee's.

75 for the letter giving a weeks clear notice before he can turn up at your house, then if he turns up, another 235 is added.

Are you considered vulnerable? if you are, you might be able to get the council to take the debt back and get the fee's removed. Remember, jacobs are doing what they are contracted to do by the council, and in this case, look to be doing the right thing this time. They have heard every single excuse possible, so if you think you could be considered vulnerable under the national standards, you need to tell them and provide proof.

If not, then you need to pay that money asap and let the bailiff know its paid and you are continuing to pay with NO further breaches.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for your reply, is that the letter stating i hadn't paid the instalment? is that basically an enforcement notice? I've actually paid all of the debt now with the last payment, its just the 75 pound fee they literally must have put on top in the last few days. Is it 7 clear days from the date of the letter? and if so, if i pay it tomorrow will i be okay? I haven't had any contact with the bailiff atm just that one letter from jacobs

They have to give you 7 clear days from the letter. Although some bailiffs such as the ones in the capita group think they can do anything they please.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you everyone,

i gave Jacobs a call dead on 8am today, and told them that i had only the £75 fee left to pay; fully admitted it was my error and that i didn't dispute it and he allowed me until the 30th of the month to pay it in full before any further action was taken; he was perfectly reasonable tbh and i was slightly surprised at the time given but he said as i had paid the actual debt off last night, and that i had contacted them and told them i hadn't received the letter till yesterday that before the 30th would be okay. Relieved!

Thank you everyone,

i gave Jacobs a call dead on 8am today, and told them that i had only the £75 fee left to pay; fully admitted it was my error and that i didn't dispute it and he allowed me until the 30th of the month to pay it in full before any further action was taken; he was perfectly reasonable tbh and i was slightly surprised at the time given but he said as i had paid the actual debt off last night, and that i had contacted them and told them i hadn't received the letter till yesterday that before the 30th would be okay. Relieved!

Excellent outcome.