BankFodder BankFodder

champerington

Any additional support available?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1928 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I'm a lone parent currently receiving income support, housing benefit and child benefit.

I've just received a date for ankle surgery and this will leave me on my feet for 6 weeks.

Is there any additional support available or will I have to refuse the surgery that I've waited a year to have?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

I don't think there is. Are you receiving any child support?

only obvious thing i can think of is child tax credits

i am probably being a bit dumb, but i am a bit confused as to why additional support or lack of would mean you would have to refuse the surgery, can you explain why?

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

I wonder if the OP is referring to practical support?

I don't think there is. Are you receiving any child support?

Sorry could you clarify what you mean by child support? I am receiving child benefit.

only obvious thing i can think of is child tax credits

i am probably being a bit dumb, but i am a bit confused as to why additional support or lack of would mean you would have to refuse the surgery, can you explain why?

Sorry i should have clarified that. I'm referring to the fact that I physically won't be in a position to look after my children.

sorry the only child care cost assistance I can think of woud be for workers or students

the only other thing i can think of would be asking relatives or childrens services to help out

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Sorry could you clarify what you mean by child support? I am receiving child benefit.

You should also be receiving child maintenance / support from the childs' other parent.

the only other thing i can think of would be asking relatives or childrens services to help out

Adult Social Services at the county council would be the first port of call assuming there are no friends or family to help. If nothing else, the council may be able to signpost you [the OP] to local charities or church groups that could provide help.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Children's Social Services would probably be a better bet.