W_s_n vs barclays

W_s_n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone. Ok then i'm about to start claiming back the money that they have been taking. I've read a few of the entries mad over the last few months and i'm pleased to see that people have been getting their money back.

By the way I found my way to this site via Martin's site.

Will now go and read the FAQ's

Cheers

W_s_n

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone. Ok then i'm about to start claiming back the money that they have been taking. I've read a few of the entries mad over the last few months and i'm pleased to see that people have been getting their money back.

By the way I found my way to this site via Martin's site.

Will now go and read the FAQ's

Cheers

W_s_n

FAQS an excellent starting place.;)

Ok then. I've downloaded the letter and printed it off. I will be posting it off to

them tomorrow with the £10 pound as well.

Many thanks for the addresses on the website.

Regards

W_s_n :)

• 2 months later...

So, its been a while since I was last on here.... Not that i've not been busy.

We worked out what we were owed and will be sending the details plus the letter requesting full payment of the money. :-)

I've noticed some threads saying that their accounts have been closed. Is the bank allowed to do this? Do they have to give you a minimum number of days notice if they do this?

W_s_n

• 2 weeks later...

Just to keep this updated, I posted off the letter and Spreadsheets requesting full payment of the owed bank charges to Barclays on the Saturday just past (27th Jan) and sent it Special Delivery. They would have received it today. :) I've given them 14 days to pay it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've received a letter today dated the 5th Feb.

It says, almongst other things,

]....I am sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred. Your comments are receiving attention and one of my team will contact you as soon as possible.[/i]

May I take this opportunity to explain that whilst we will endeavour to respond to you within timescale outlined in your letter, we cannot guarantee that we will do so.....[/QUOTE]

They go on to say that they will try to find a solution within four weeks....

My question is do I wait..... or shall I send my letter asking for full payment plus interest...?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok.... this morning I got a letter from Barclays saying sorry for the bank charges but that they disagree my view (that they are unlawful).

The letter goes on to say that the charges are within the terms and conditions of the account....

They then offer me £1000 but that I have to take up this offer in the next 8 weeks, or that they will regard the case as closed.

Yeah right! I will decide this, not them. It sounds like a standard letter to me.

Would I be right?

Regards

W_s_n

Yes,wsn, standard reply. Your choices now are: to write back demanding whole amount (which they will refuse and say they can do no more), or to write saying you will accept the amount as part-payment and still fight for the rest( and they will withdraw their offer and tell you thay can do no more). Same result, different route.

• 1 month later...

I've got an update.... Been very busy lately, so i've finally got the full working of the interest they owe now.... I shall be posting the NEW spreadsheet off tomorrow with the letter telling them to pay the lot to me in the next 14 days or i'm taking them to court.

Ok, I got a reply from Barclays yesterday saying that they will investigate my claim.

The cheek of it! They have sent a standard letter which is exactly the same as the one I got in January.

I'm thinking that I may start court action earlier. What does anyone think of that?

Not sure on that one, and how it would look in court when you gave them 14 days.

If i were you i would do all the paperwork either the MCOL or N1 and have it ready to go when the 14 days are up, personally i wouldnt of given them more time, as they wont pay up, they have no intentions of paying until 2 weeks before you are due in court.

So hope that helps.

Caz

Thanks for the reply CAZKATJOE. I see your point, but when I got that letter, I couldn't believe that they had made no mention of the the original correspondence..... This is what has really annoyed me.

They never do, it is very willy nilly. They seem to send the same letters out to everyone regardless of their claim.

I have only had one letter since i started, never had an offer and am now awaiting their defence. But others have had offers, letters and settled. So its very annoying and strange.

Good luck hope your claim goes well

Caz:confused: