style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Doing some work for a friend who has hit the wall with the above.

Took a PDL from them for £125 as per the documents. Been made unemployed last week and wont be able to fulfill the contract.

I've said to my friend they will probably default it which they are okay with as they already have a battered credit file.

I drafted an email for my friend along the lines of the below;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning

I’m sorry to advise that as off this morning, I have been made unemployed (Many people have been laid off) and won’t be able to fulfill the loan contract.

Please remove all information pertaining to "Employer" from your system as I no longer work for them.

If you need to contact me please contact me via email or letter.

Please confirm what options are available to me to resolve this situation?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They have responded this morning with the below to my friends email;

Thanks for your email. Please send through some form of documentary evidence to show you are no longer employed. We do require some form of confirmation in order to add this to your file and progress accordingly.

Kind regards,

Ahsan

I wanted to check a few things. (I have already given my friend the email to send back and he has.)

This is the email that was sent back;

Sorry I have nothing at present. No Letter, or anything this may not be available for sometime.

All I can tell you right now is that I’m unemployed. So please remove those contact details for my employer from your database.

I do not want you to contact them. May I remind you that it is against the rules to contact a debtors current or previous location of employment.

Also may I remind you that under the guidelines etc by the FCA I'm under no obligation to provide you anything stating the above.

Please remember who governs your CCL at this time and please also remember breach of this will result in potential action to have your Consumer Credit License rescinded

I would however like to try and sort his out. I am aware that as per your T&Cs failure to comply with the terms of the loan results in an instant default. This sadly is something I will have to live with.

So what can I do to resolve this aside of what you have asked?

Please note if I receive no reasonable answer then I will be forced to reduce any payment to you down to £1 per month for the remainder of the life of the account and pay by standing order. Please remember while I have a contract with you, it doesn’t state ANYTHING about providing any further documents to you after the loan has been paid out. You have limited rights and if this is bought to court for whatever reason, any correspondence between ourselves will be used in formal and legal aspect.

Is this the right way to go about it? What should be next step to advise my friend? (Coincidentally I work with them, and they have trusted me with this. Luckily I wasn't laid off)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yep. Just remember that they are a LOW priority creditor so are not entitled to any personal information such as employer letters, wage slips, bank statements etc.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yeah thats what i thought, Am i right in thinking that a judge would have to order this?

My history suggests that Moneybox dont go to court though?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

A judge could order it, but even then the creditor wouldnt see it. Only the judge would in order to make a decision on a repayment plan or F&F settlement figure.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 1 month later...