Not claiming everything

darckling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Readers,

Does anyone if it's true that a person can be prosecuted for not claiming all the benefits that they are entitled to? e.g. if they knew that claiming one would be less beneficiai...I've heard this, but don't believe it.

i think we needthe story behind this

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

What if one knows of a lesser benefit to which one is entitled but does not claim it because it would reduce or cancel the amount received from another benefit?

What would be the consequences if whoever pays the benefits discovered this?

It's still not a crime. As Nystagmite says, there are cases where an entitlement to one benefit might reduce entitlement to another, and in these cases you can be treated as being in receipt of the benefit even though you are not.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.